What is WC doing to support the visually impaired?

swizzlerz

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
With items like "Hey Cortana" or "Xbox on" settings in control panels for voice recognition. The world of technology is becoming more available to the blind. As Windows Central is a leader in tech news regarding windows and many of its features, what are Windows Centrals plans to make the website more accessible to the visually impaired?

I have an idea. What if each Author attached an audio clip of each article to there post? Would that not be a way to reach out to there tech enthusiasts who may not have the ability to read or see?

Wouldn't it be great to see WC take a lead in the world of tech?

Here is a website that talks about making your website better more accessible to the visually impaired: Creating Accessible Websites - American Foundation for the Blind

Here is a #StrawPoll please take the time to vote Straw Poll

I personally would love to hear Jezz with his amazing accent read to me or Paul or even Dan the man!

What do you think?

Edit: I will give kudos to "Windows Central Read the Headlines" IF only the articles were read to us.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@swizzlers - that's a great idea! I'll send the word along to our team.

Making our sites as accessible as possible is something that is very important to us.

Good to have you here! Hope you enjoy your time (and the awesome community) here at Windows Central!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes