Please add a Sticky Thread about Which Ring should use

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Moderators, I think you would help the windows 10 user experience significantly if you had a sticky thread about the Windows Insider app and which Ring to use. I think because the units shipped with such an unfinished version of wp10, that most users are living on the forums to fix the issues. It would be good for them to come here and see that

Fast Ring= Redstone, which will be general release some time late summer/fall 2016
Slow Ring= Threshold, which will be fixes to the current version of the OS to address performance and stability (which most users should be on)

You can't jump rings

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Good idea peashooter14. I ended up on the fast ring through my own stupidity and eventually got back to production where I'm happier.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile build 14283 Breaks the MS Band 1 and 2 connections, and you won't be able to sync your band FYI. The build pushed out on 3/10/2016

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moderators, I think you would help the windows 10 user experience significantly if you had a sticky thread about the Windows Insider app and which Ring to use.

I think that is a good point.

Here's a counterpoint.

While Mods and Ambassadors are charged with creating How To guides and Technical Fix threads and many of them do get stickied it is not our exclusive domain. To be fair, there are many very bright and knowledgeable users out there contributing to the forums. Not every stuck thread belongs to a Mod or Ambassador. Some regular users write such helpful posts that they get stuck.

I have wandered across threads many times that I thought members would all benefit from and I've stickied them.

It's simply a matter of seeing the need (as you have) and writing it up (as you or any member could). Then it would get stuck if a Mod read it and made the decision. Also a quick PM to a Mod including a hyperlink and a request to make sticky would draw an eye that could accomplish the task. Also, it need not be your thread. When seeing something that should be stuck, any user can make the request. It really should be by PM and a trick is to sort of know which Mod is around, but I think most active members have a pretty good idea. I would urge users to NOT use the Report button for this as it goes out to a wider audience and we don't need Admins and Network Moderators being alerted to such a local issue.

In the end it is about time. Mods and Ambassadors each do many things here. I may put this on my plate, but then I have to prioritize it and find time to get to it amidst the other distractions, projects and duties I have currently. Also, for any successful sticky, someone who knows the material and has an ongoing interest should be in the thread regularly answering questions, posting comments and keeping the thread lively and productive. A thread like this is liable to get lengthy with discussion and questions. Some types of sticky thread are more than just compose, post and stick.

Wouldn't you, peashooter, like to be immortalized with a sticky? It sounds like you want to help others. That's the first step.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium