Windows Central App for 10 Problem

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problems posting replies and comments on the windows central app. both on phoe and pc versions. it happens randomly. the comments just wont get posted. anyone facing this issue? I sent the team many mails. no response

~DheeraJ~

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes our filters think they "see" spam or something not right. Those posts then get put in a special que for a Moderator to look at and approve or delete. I don't see any of your posts stuck in that que.

Without an example, it's hard to track down the issue...

Next time it happens, could you recreate the exact text (or close to it) in this thread?

I'm following this thread so I'll get alerted.

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
thank u for the help. my problem happens randomly. the comments does not get posted. but when replying via action centre, it gets posted without any problem. and for this post, I typed this exact same thing and posted. and it didnt showed up. since I knew this would happen, I copied the text and reposting this via web now.

~DheeraJ~

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can find nothing in the que matching that post... I think it must be the App then.

Is it the new version for 10?

I have changed the title to try and reflect the problem. Please confirm if it is for 10 and I can try and pass this up the ladder.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm seeing a reply problem too, basically on a lot of the forums the icon to reply is greyed out so I can't reply :( Mentioned it on the uservoice but it's been this way since using the app....never on the 8.1 version.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with my account?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by eusty
Originally Posted by RumoredNow

I'm seeing a reply problem too, basically on a lot of the forums the icon to reply is greyed out so I can't reply :( Mentioned it on the uservoice but it's been this way since using the app....never on the 8.1 version.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with my account?

I don't think it's an account issue, it's greyed out for me as well (using app build 22 - desktop, phone app now keeps crashing but that could be attributed to another bug as shazam for instance also crashes at start up - {os build .164}). However using the "Quote" button works which is how I posted this comment. Currently editing it via the website.

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Strange as when I viewed this post on my phone the Reply button wasn't greyed out as usual, but when I pressed it the app crashed :angry:

I can use the quote button to reply and it doesn't crash....but it doesn't post either.

For using the forum the new app is a waste of time :unhappysweat:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think we are still in Beta... I'm going to pass this thread along and bow out from Following it. I'm really not an App guy for forum use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos