Thanks Windows Central It's Been Fun

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
As a Lumia 1020 owner, one of the trickle-down effects of last week's announcement to exclude several handsets is that Windows Central (and other sites I visit regularly) are no longer useful to me. All the new news stories are focused on Windows 10. All the new app announcements are Windows 10 announcements. All the enhancement and update articles are Windows 10 app updates. The only articles I can imagine applying to me as a WP81 user are the "Company XYZ pulls their WP81 app from the store" articles and who wants to check in for that?

So I'll be on hiatus and uninstalling my WC app until I decide to purchase new handsets for my family. No ill will or rage quit here -- just a calm epiphany that this site does not cater to my situation anymore nor would I expect it to. Best Wishes for continued success.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm likely ending my run here too.

I had a Lumia 1020 (not an Insider, nor do I want to be), and I've moved on to an iPhone 6S Plus, but for a while stuck around here, as I had Windows 10 on my desktop computer.

Very recently had to downgrade back to 8.1 on my computer due to incompatible drivers on my PC, not working well or being recognized on Windows 10. Sure, I blame HP for effectively not offering up driver updates for a year and a half old PC from their high end range (HP Envy Phoenix), but the end result is the same; I still need it to work well, and the BSODs I was getting are not an option, so did a recovery install of Windows 8.

All of the focus on both W10 and W10 Mobile no longer have any relevance to me, which is why I'm visiting Ars and The Verge more now.

Thanks Dan, and the rest of the guys on the site, it's been fun.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's been a pleasure to have both of you with us. Know that the door is always wide open for your return.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sad to see you go :( Keep in mind, still plenty of WP 8.1 discussion going on in our forums. Hopefully this portion of the community will still serve your needs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon