Any other similar sites like windowscentral?

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Is there any similar site like windowscental?
Just getting really tired of clickbait, minor updates articles, sponsored game/ms articles, quantity over quality
Also it is unusable on windows phone
Two years ago it wasn't so bad

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to put too fine a point on it, but asking this site to recommend another site for your traffic is poor forum etiquette. I have been and am currently on several forums. On every one this is considered bad taste. I frequent some places where you may only mention similar sites by initials: spelling out the whole name could be cause for discipline...

IDK about click-bait on WC, when members here offer links to articles on other blogs they smell strongly of click-bait to me more times than not. One of the hallmarks of a click-bait article is a hugely sensationalistic title that has little or nothing to do with the text of the article. I rarely see that here at WC. I see it more on other sites around the web and in my information feeds. Especially what gets picked up by "news" aggregators.

Sponsored content? Every blogger worth anything gets items to test and review. If you see bias that can't be helped as that is your perception. But again, I see more of it elsewhere....

As for using this site on mobile... How are you doing so?

What OS version is your phone on? Browser? Which browser? Desktop or Mobile view? App? Which App?

Many are using the 8.1 WC App and enjoying it. Some are in the W10M WC App beta (which is supposed to be UWP).

Are your issues with the forum or the blog? You seem to indicate blog.

It's hard to recommend a better experience for you if we don't know where to start...

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@nedarata - sad to read your comments. I'm not going to recommend any other sites, as Windows Central is THE place to go for everything Windows and Microsoft. Daniel and his editorial team do a fantastic job, and the volunteers here are, well, they're amazing.

It's true we do have our warts as any site does, but we do all we can to fix them and make things fun and friendly while doing it. To that end, if you have any constrictive criticism I'm all ears. If you have any suggested solutions, even better.

Hope to see you around here some more, thanks for your feedback!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Windows Central is a good site as long as you're using some type of forum app. Going there using a browser is a nightmare because of all the stuff that has to load. (at least for me anyways).

Sent from my Surface 3

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Central is a good site as long as you're using some type of forum app. Going there using a browser is a nightmare because of all the stuff that has to load. (at least for me anyways).

Sent from my Surface 3

I assume you are referring to your S3? For full-flavored Desktop View, try Iron. I've recently moved to it. It's Chromium with all the Google tie ins stripped out. Very privacy forward. Get AdBlock+ and Ghostery plug-ins and it's the fastest browser I've used here. I'm also hearing good things about the new Vivaldi Browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro