Difficulties with uploading an image

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Today I wanted to post a picture taken with my Lumia 640 XL and when I was trying to upload it, the upload just wouldn't start = nothing happened. I was using Edge browser so I thought it could be just a bug in a browser so I tried to do the same on Mozilla and same thing happened. Any solutions for this?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm... first off what app were you using? Or were you trying to do so from our desktop site? Need to know the steps you took to produce the error... will see if we can recreate on our end :)

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I was on the desktop website, I prefer using websites for now.

Also, then I switched tabs and left the one where I was uploading picture while I was doing other stuff and then I had 4 same attachments there, lol. Then I deleted them and tried to upload just one in brand new post and I got same issue as before.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Today I wanted to post a picture taken with my Lumia 640 XL and when I was trying to upload it, the upload just wouldn't start = nothing happened. I was using Edge browser so I thought it could be just a bug in a browser so I tried to do the same on Mozilla and same thing happened. Any solutions for this?

From a PC browser.... Any Pop Up blockers in play? They can cause some issues with the "radio buttons" at times. Are you on a Redstone build? Does your Edge have any plugins?

OS version and Browser versions would help efforts to replicate.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
No insider builds, no extensions, no pop-up blockers. Maybe it is just my superb net right now as I am not at home and my peek download speed is 650 kb/s... Os build 10586.218.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was on the desktop website, I prefer using websites for now.

Also, then I switched tabs and left the one where I was uploading picture while I was doing other stuff and then I had 4 same attachments there, lol. Then I deleted them and tried to upload just one in brand new post and I got same issue as before.

As an alternate method... Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right of post box. In the next screen look for "Manage attachments" and try to upload in the manager window.

Until we can get this sorted out.

Ending up with 4 attachments instead of 1 sounds like a latency issue. IMHO, Firefox and Edge are not so fast on this site. I have very limited bandwidth on my connection and need a fast browser. I've been using Iron and it seems faster than any others I've tried here.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Tried that too, but it didn't have any effects.

Update: tried the browser you mentioned and despite the chrome UI it actually works here, but it still takes time. don't know why, maybe it's just my tablet processor...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3