can not REPLY POST on this desk top app.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I've posted before on this and have not received any viable answer. so, i'll try again...I have the desk top app 'windows central' on my pc windows 10. I can start a post but I can not reply to my post. the reply icon remains dark, i can not click on it to reply. could some one please help. the only way I can reply is by going online and signing in to windows central. any ideas would be gratefully received. thank you, Drew.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it a universal app now? That features always been broken for me on mobile, so I'd believe its broken on desktop too.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Replying to a post works fine for me with the UWP app expect for threads in the recent and participated categories. In those two categories, the reply button is greyed.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Andrew - is this within a particular forum, or ANY forum? Let me know, I'll dig in and take a look. If I can't find an issue I'll ping our developer.

Thanks for reporting!

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
@Andrew - is this within a particular forum, or ANY forum? Let me know, I'll dig in and take a look. If I can't find an issue I'll ping our developer.

Thanks for reporting!

I've just picked up your post. Thanks James. I'm replying via the other mobile app - the older one? Initially its happening on a thread/question I start. I ask a question and up it goes. Someone responds. Then I cant reply because the 'reply icon' is greyed out. Also I cant use the quote tab. The quote tab is live but will not work. It won't quote. Hope this is clear. Thanks again James. Drew. Just had a flick through random forums. All bar two were replyable . But my own post remain greyed out. Done uninstall and reinstall too. Same applies to mobile version which I gave up on ages ago!

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Fixed now! This is my first reply in ages due to the broken reply icon in the app. It was updated this morning and now works. Thanks devs :)

vader42

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, slight bug. The posting works, but the thread doesn't reload. You need to go out and back in to refresh the thread. I'll take that over not being able to post any day.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried quoting your post and its not working.

Here is what I see in my Browser:

Capture01.png

So we are back to my original question. You quoted James successfully, did you not use the app to make that quote?

If you used another method it is confusing, because a quote is displayed and you say it won't quote... o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans