whatsup with windows central app?

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Mobile nations haven't updated its windows 10 app. Has mobile nations given up on windows 10? What is the status?
Flipkart and Windows Central too most used app are now rendered unusable. Hope to see updates soon.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
This has been a long holiday season so you know how things move in this and also i believe the dev team here is the most inclined and positive towards windows platform.

Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes patience is a virtue!!

I would have been patient if app worked on my windows 10 mobile. No updates + constant crashes .. cannot view news feeds at all. This got me more worried. Same scene is with Flipkart. It seems Flipkart has halted its app development for Windows 10. So was just curious if it is the same case with Windows Central???

Hope to see updates in 2K17, so that I can start using WCentral again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The app is pretty stable for me and I imagine if anything the bugs are pretty much attributed to the WaaS updates. Strangely enough they appear to be squashed after using a hard reset after every update and not restoring except text messages.

Which to be honest is far from ideal especially given how "lacking the back up system is". Never the less there have been good things touted for the future but as before I can understand the cynicism and skeptisim as we're in that "soon" cycle - which appears to be some what perpetual at first glance.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
To everyone facing the crashing/freezing problem, one of the suggested fix is to clear the cache. The WC app used to run buttery smooth on my 950, and after 4 months problems started creeping up. Someone suggested to clear the cache, and that did the magic for me! :D

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
How are you clearing the cache from the app on your phone?
Mine has always been installed to the phone memory. It's extremely buggy.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the app too because of soo much crash bug(crash at launch, crash while reading an article, crash when I try to click a link, crash when I try to comment etc.) and I use edge mobile to browse the site which is pretty not so good navigating.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the app. I've moved your thread to the Site Feedback & Discussion forum where tech staff will be better able to notice and address it.

slimchap

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the app. I've moved your thread to the Site Feedback & Discussion forum where tech staff will be better able to notice and address it.

It's only when there's a new update we'll see Daniel Robino in action with his reviews..

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it can be related also with some recent (and I guess temporal) problems in all MoNa forums, if not then it's definitely a problem with the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon