Advertisement - Keep scrolling to continue

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! In order for Windows Central to provide this site, they have to make money and they should make money. IMHO they should make lots of money. May I ask when you get these adds?
Here's the only adds I ever see and they don't bother me at all. They are at the top and I don't pay any attention to them!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! In order for Windows Central to provide this site, they have to make money and they should make money. IMHO they should make lots of money. May I ask when you get these adds?
Here's the only adds I ever see and they don't bother me at all. They are at the top and I don't pay any attention to them!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 3

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
This is a scrolling ad on mobile. It's an overlay that stops the article and forces you to scroll through the whole ad before continuing reading. (If you continue reading. The screenshot is where I stopped reading.)

I admit they're quite effective, but annoying as hell.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Well the double post is what is annoying as hell to me, and this site does it to me all the time as you can see it just did it again. When I subscribe to a thread, I get duplicate emails. That's been going on for ever! With all this going on, the good things out weigh the bad things and I'm going to hang around here as long as I'm welcome here.:wink:

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Well the double post is what is annoying as hell to me, and this site does it to me all the time as you can see it just did it again. When I subscribe to a thread, I get duplicate emails. That's been going on for ever! With all this going on, the good things out weigh the bad things and I'm going to hang around here as long as I'm welcome here.:wink:

I couldn't find a way to upload the screenshot on the mobile Edge browser, so I had to fire up my Chromebit (and the more I use Continuum on my 950xl, the more I appreciate the Chromebit) to make this post.

On topic a bit, at least the ad I was shown wasn't for the Google Pixel! :smile:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the website on mobile; I use Tapatalk. On desktop, I use Chrome with an ad blocker. I get none of that. I'm not sure what you can do about it on W10M, besides using an app rather than the website.

James, I have to wonder what's different between WC and the other MN forums. Aren't they all the same? I don't see complaints on the other forums like I do here. I find it hard to believe that MN's website developers keep fighting the WC forum like it seems they do. If it's not one glitch, it's another.

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not just WC. :)
Our tech team is constantly working to improve things and feedback is welcome, so thanks for posting your concerns so we can pass it on to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99