New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I can't be the only one having problems with CONTRAST. Even using the dark theme, I see a pastel pallet of light gray and medium gray. My old eyes are having a hard time seeing what I need to see. I can't comment on other topics because the contrast between post; etc. is so bland.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that if a content has arrived since your last quote, it will show up in "bold" and will be accompanied by a # unread message:)

Sure, once you enter the forum... But then you can't see what is new in the subs.

Old view from main page.
Capture01.png

New view from main page.
Capture02.png

Entering the forum still leaves you clueless on the status inside the subs and you have to enter them.
Capture0.png

This makes it a long involved search to answer the question of "Is there new content inside so that I should enter or not?"

I now have to enter way more forums than I need to. Please remember, I not only read as a member, but patrol as a Moderator. This new style is slowing me down on both counts.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Getting this when I try to go to the HP Elite X3 forum.
View attachment 134078

Same as the old style really.... The HP Phones forum is a non-posting holding spot. The Elite X3 is a sub inside that. But now the sub-forums don't show on the main page so you have to click into HP Phones forum and then click into Elite x3 sub-forum.

Note in the old view there is no "Post New Thread" button inside the HP Phones forum...
Capture01.png

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't be the only one having problems with CONTRAST. Even using the dark theme, I see a pastel pallet of light gray and medium gray. My old eyes are having a hard time seeing what I need to see. I can't comment on other topics because the contrast between post; etc. is so bland.
ditto on the "old eyes":)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Their is no sequential numbering for a thread's Posts, that I can see...this has always been VERY helpful in the past for navigation.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Is this update active for all? I don't see a "Your Menu" nor any change to the forums.
Sekyal, the forums have an ALL NEW LOOK, so if you have it, you will KNOW IT!:confused:

"YOUR MENU" is located just below the blue banner at top of page, in a white sub-banner, at very left of that BANNER...it may be collapsed, and you may need to open it to see the additional contents.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sure, once you enter the forum... But then you can't see what is new in the subs.

Old view from main page.
View attachment 134086

New view from main page.
View attachment 134087

Entering the forum still leaves you clueless on the status inside the subs and you have to enter them.
View attachment 134088

This makes it a long involved search to answer the question of "Is there new content inside so that I should enter or not?"

I now have to enter way more forums than I need to. Please remember, I not only read as a member, but patrol as a Moderator. This new style is slowing me down on both counts.

Exactly!
Especially for the forum sections with a lot of sub forums, it goes between me feeling overwhelmed and it makes it slower for me to seek things.

On PC, I usually open many tabs, especially as an ambassador even though I did the same kind of, before. It would be cool if there was some kind of toggle to make categories appear.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Here's few.
I noticed that when you type certain amount of text, and when you go to a new line, the cursor seems to me positioned way off. Like this.

fd2970f66b6d41c7ab9c2fea62e1b960.png

The text is getting in the way of those icons.
17231bb42b3c4a6dac97ed055eb2ed0c.png

I'ts even worse when you quote:
c66cffea21314a74a3ffb961c5e11776.png

And this little thing,
c4485e05e3474633ae0a4cd6e001f6e6.png
is supposed to be? Link? It doesn't work for me.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am not seeing the new forum design today.
I saw it yesterday late evening and night (India time) and would have gone through it properly today but I am seeing the old design today since morning.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I found an odd quirk. If you are on a PC and you just happen to select the Mobile version (accidently), there is no option shown to go back to any of the other version (or I couldn't find it). I had to clear out my browser cookies to get back to a style that showed the options.

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is on a PC. I have logged out and back in and I have cleared cookies. I am using Edge, but I tried it in Chrome with the same result - old forum. I checked settings, but the style on "Use Forum Default" just to be sure and still no change. I know where the "Your Menu" should be, I've seen screenshots, but I don't have it.
2017-02-25.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99