Threads I have UN-subsribed

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
In a thread I have participated in, I will see this " pen " symbol.......

WC... sugscribed thread.jpg

However, After I have UN-subscribed from such a thread, I still see that "pen" symbol.

To me, unsubscribing a thread means I am done with that thread for whatever reasons there may be.

Many times I saw "unread" in red ink on such a thread. I opened it, just to find out I have already unsubscribed from it. It's a waste of my time, not to mention a little annoying.

In short, I am unable to tell which thread I am still subscribed to and which I am not.

Can this issue be rectified ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The pen symbol such as you've shown...

135704d1494855871-wc...-sugscribed-thread.jpg

...means that you've written a post in that thread.

Manage your "follows" thusly: http://forums.windowscentral.com/forum-help-videos-guides/411648-manage-your-follows.html

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Thank you.
I understand what that "pen" symbol represents.
What I want to achieve is to have that symbol removed after I have un-subscribed the thread.
As of now, the pen symbol remains on after thread is unsubscribed and that causes undue waste of time and confusion. I have had over 500 posts participated. Some are unsubscribed. I need to tell which are unsubscribed and which are not.
Please read my original post.

Click at my name does not produce " manage your follows".

no mamange follows.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The two are simply not linked. I don't know if @GioLogist would even implement that as a feature as Posts and Subscriptions are two different things.

Looks like the tutorial needs updating, thanks for pointing that out.

Subscribed Thread management is now reached by clicking the Gear Icon in the upper right and selecting "Subscribed Threads."

Capture.JPG

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.

Unfortunately, you still did not see my point.

Take this thread as example......
Subscribed... unsubscribed.jpg

It can be found under As a Question forum.
It has the pen symbol attached because I had responded to that thread.
But since then I had UN-scribed it, and Yet, the pen symbol is still there.

This example exists throughout the forums. Threads that I have UN-subscribed still have the pen symbol attached.
That is where my "beef" is.
When I cruised along the forums, many times I saw a thread with a pen symbol and it had an "unread" sign in red ink. So, I opened it, just to find out the thread has been unsubscribed...... by me long time ago.
That is why I said it was a waste of my time.

In another website I am a member, this is what I will see in a thread I have participated..... a "Bell" sign.
Alert.jpg

When I am done with it and decide not to follow that thread, I can "remove the alert" and the "Bell" sign will be removed.
That way I know which threads I have been part of and which I am not.

Apparently no one in WC finds this an issue.
I will not press the issue any further.

Thank you anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)