Firefox patch from windowscentral

Janne73

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Every now and the I have recieved an urgent firefox patch message from this forum?
There's a pop-up message about this patch, and it immidately re-directs my browser to different location.
Today it was koohalincoln.net and it offered a firefox-patch.js file.
I downloaded it, but didn't install it.
I'm bit suspcious about this "patch".

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Every now and the I have recieved an urgent firefox patch message from this forum?
There's a pop-up message about this patch, and it immidately re-directs my browser to different location.
Today it was koohalincoln.net and it offered a firefox-patch.js file.
I downloaded it, but didn't install it.
I'm bit suspcious about this "patch".

As anon(10169102) stated do no run it. I had the very same thing pop up a few weeks ago when I disabled my adblock (uBlock Origin)...never will come here without adblock again.

Janne73

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought that it might be related to some add on the windowscentral -site. I did have adblocker disabled because the site asked to, site gets money from adds.
Now I have enabled the adblock, so those adds shouldn't be a problem anymore nor the suspicious patch.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I thought that it might be related to some add on the windowscentral -site. I did have adblocker disabled because the site asked to, site gets money from adds.
Now I have enabled the adblock, so those adds shouldn't be a problem anymore nor the suspicious patch.
OK, Windows Central, since you insist that we shut off adblock, what are your plans to protect us from viruses and malware that seem to be spread by your sponsors???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster