Win-Central website UI/UX refinements.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi WinCentral Team.

it would be great if you will fix the date position of forum posts ASAP.
Check out the attached-image.
136326-dateposition.png

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello !

It would be nice if your team will check the dark theme mode colors(esp. text colors) again.
wincen_site.png

#tip : Also check the forum post Stats which are still in dark color like the image above.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just came on site and was presented with the new design. My initial thoughts...

1. That homepage header is huge. I like big but that is HUGE. 4 boxes take up almost half of my screen at 1366x768 resolution.

2. I don't like that I can't tell if I am logged in unless I use the hamburger. And then it's just a small amount of text in a light shade of gray that is barely visible.

3. Not sure what that juicer looking icon on the top right of the story pages is supposed to represent or do but it just goes to a "server not found" page.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Just came on site and was presented with the new design. My initial thoughts...
2. I don't like that I can't tell if I am logged in unless I use the hamburger. And then it's just a small amount of text in a light shade of gray that is barely visible.

Actually the question is, if it should have the typical Hamburger on desktops. I got confused thinking there's an error and I've got a mobile site on a big screen!

Anyway one thing is missing - a link to Forum. I don't know if I'm blind, but I can't see a link. There's a Forum menu with New Posts, Trending discussions etc. but I'd prefer there a proper link to the Forum main page too.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the new design at all. There needs to be a dedicated Forum link. There needs to be a way to see if you are logged in and other options other than using a hamburger menu, which by the way is awful. Hamburger menus are horrible on the phone and the last thing I want is to have to use them on the desktop. The Windowscentral logo is looks like a tiny 8-bit game system logo in the upper left and the actual forums and and subject matter of the site only fill roughly a third of the page. Not to mention my mouse button is a constantly spinning circle as if the site is still trying to load something.

This is a terrible layout and a terrible redesign. I'm starting to think you guys have people from MS working for you because just let MS, every time you update something, it gets worse for the consumers. Of course this could all be related to Edge because it seems Edge doesn't work well with websites. Imagine that.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to mention the terrible looking Windows Central logo but I couldn't figure out how to explain it. The 8-bit comparison hits the nail on the head.

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I really don't like the new UI. Very ugly font, huge header and indeed a C64-like logo.

Add the over 25 trackers, ads, analytics which are slowing the site really down. I use Ghostery for a long time now and the site loads almost immediately that way, but I rather don't use Ghostery, but the site forces me to.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Everything wrong with latest UI/UX

I wonder how it could be done, even i had restarted my phone.
In the attached images of mobile website, it(only this website) has automatically made free space.
In header, you can see the hidden search box which cannot be seen till you pressed search button on mobile. I know this can be done on pc via debugger but I'm using Edge browser.

Have a look on these images-
EvrythngWrng1.png

EvrythngWrng2.png

EvrythngWrng3.png

EvrythngWrng4.png

Is that happened with your Windows 10 Phone because other mobile OS showing an ad instead of vacant space !

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, WinCen Team!
There are still some bugs on Website,
  1. Unable to 'Reply' on comments section. After clicking 'Reply' button, you can see buggy screen of code.
    Reply bug - comments section.jpg
  2. Longer Trending topic name makes the bar out of box(Overflowing of bar-width).
    Trending Topic - Overflow.jpg
  3. Home(Hamburger) button still not working on Home, Articles page.

Thanks for reading this post...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss