Why does WC promote MINT SIM? It is terrible

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Mint is terrible. No one use it. I am not kidding, it's data is terribly slow and no settings in the APN change it. Nor does it stay connected to a tower for long. No MMS or group messages even when I entered the exact info found on their site and also here.

This is not worth the savings.

And FYI, I use a 950XL dual sim in a large metropolitan area with excellent t-mobile coverage.

Back to reliable and more expensive AT&T - at least it works.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does WC promote MINT? It is terrible

I thought we were discussing the finance program here and was confused.

Isn't it just advertising?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Try Cricket and use ATT Towers while saving money.

Tried mint sim and it failed. Last summer was Straight Talk that failed. Cricket might have stores however it's still reselling things and that doesn't seem to work for me I guess hehe

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Tried mint sim and it failed. Last summer was Straight Talk that failed. Cricket might have stores however it's still reselling things and that doesn't seem to work for me I guess hehe

It's your money. I agree that Straight talk is straight up carp... Sure you didn't get stuck with their T-Mo flavor SIM?

2+ years on Cricket for my family. 4 lines with their own 4 GB high speed each and one phone just as a hot spot ($10 fee) and 8GB high speed data. $120 a month. No taxes, fees or bull snot added on. Great signal here and when we travel about the US. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't keep my wife and her parents on it this long. And, yes, the actual stores make a difference for the better.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site

It's your money. I agree that Straight talk is straight up carp... Sure you didn't get stuck with their T-Mo flavor SIM?

2+ years on Cricket for my family. 4 lines with their own 4 GB high speed each and one phone just as a hot spot ($10 fee) and 8GB high speed data. $120 a month. No taxes, fees or bull snot added on. Great signal here and when we travel about the US. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't keep my wife and her parents on it this long. And, yes, the actual stores make a difference for the better.

I will stop by a store. I appreciate the heads up. Right now, I am paying $40 a month for AT&T 6GB 4G LTE GoPhone - which was just renamed to AT&T Prepaid - that works pretty well. it's only problem is I cannot use it as a mobile hotspot; AT&T does not allow GoPhone users to use a mobile hotspot if the phone is a BYOD, so my 950XL just gives an error every time I try... if I use the Lumia 640 I have laying around the car for an MP3 player, it works as that was an actual for sale GoPhone... Maybe Cricket will let me try it out to see if that works, and if it does, charge around the same per month.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
You all have killed my thread where I was just trying to say (I shall clarify here) "MINT SIM, you know, the one that Windows Central obviously has a promotional deal with and uses T-Mobile towers to connect to your cellphone and therefore your cellphone to the world, absolutely sucks".

Enjoy this photo of a true musician!
grimalicerules3 (2).jpg

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I have the same plan and mobile hotspot works on my S8. I just looked on their site and it only expressly prohibits hotspot on the unlimited prepaid plan.

I will stop by a store. I appreciate the heads up. Right now, I am paying $40 a month for AT&T 6GB 4G LTE GoPhone - which was just renamed to AT&T Prepaid - that works pretty well. it's only problem is I cannot use it as a mobile hotspot; AT&T does not allow GoPhone users to use a mobile hotspot if the phone is a BYOD, so my 950XL just gives an error every time I try... if I use the Lumia 640 I have laying around the car for an MP3 player, it works as that was an actual for sale GoPhone... Maybe Cricket will let me try it out to see if that works, and if it does, charge around the same per month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos