Mint is terrible. No one use it. I am not kidding, it's data is terribly slow and no settings in the APN change it. Nor does it stay connected to a tower for long. No MMS or group messages even when I entered the exact info found on their site and also here.

This is not worth the savings.

And FYI, I use a 950XL dual sim in a large metropolitan area with excellent t-mobile coverage.

Back to reliable and more expensive AT&T - at least it works.
    Last edited by Sunstorming; 07-21-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    07-20-2017 11:20 PM
    Moved to feedback.
    aximtreo likes this.
    07-21-2017 12:46 AM
    Mint is terrible. No one use it..
    I like mint. I have it on an older laptop and use it occasionally instead of Ubuntu.
    07-21-2017 08:05 AM
    Back to reliable and more expensive AT&T - at least it works.
    Try Cricket and use ATT Towers while saving money.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-21-2017 09:48 AM
    I thought we were discussing the finance program here and was confused.

Isn't it just advertising?
    Guytronic and PerfectReign like this.
    07-21-2017 02:17 PM
    Maybe change the title to say "Mint SIM" and avoid the confusion.

MoNa seems to have a stake in it. https://www.windowscentral.com/intro...-cheap-data-us
    Guytronic and xandros9 like this.
    07-21-2017 04:50 PM
    Try Cricket and use ATT Towers while saving money.
    Tried mint sim and it failed. Last summer was Straight Talk that failed. Cricket might have stores however it's still reselling things and that doesn't seem to work for me I guess hehe
    07-21-2017 06:15 PM
    I thought we were discussing the finance program here and was confused.

Isn't it just advertising?
    I thought we were discussing Linux distros.

https://linuxmint.com

I mostly used Linux during the time ExPee, that horrible downgrade from Win2k, was out until Windows 7 was finally released.
    xandros9 and anthonyng like this.
    07-21-2017 06:28 PM
    Geez people ... I changed it!
    07-21-2017 08:57 PM
    Tried mint sim and it failed. Last summer was Straight Talk that failed. Cricket might have stores however it's still reselling things and that doesn't seem to work for me I guess hehe
    It's your money. I agree that Straight talk is straight up carp... Sure you didn't get stuck with their T-Mo flavor SIM?

2+ years on Cricket for my family. 4 lines with their own 4 GB high speed each and one phone just as a hot spot ($10 fee) and 8GB high speed data. $120 a month. No taxes, fees or bull snot added on. Great signal here and when we travel about the US. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't keep my wife and her parents on it this long. And, yes, the actual stores make a difference for the better.
    07-22-2017 06:37 AM
    It's your money. I agree that Straight talk is straight up carp... Sure you didn't get stuck with their T-Mo flavor SIM?

2+ years on Cricket for my family. 4 lines with their own 4 GB high speed each and one phone just as a hot spot ($10 fee) and 8GB high speed data. $120 a month. No taxes, fees or bull snot added on. Great signal here and when we travel about the US. If it wasn't reliable I wouldn't keep my wife and her parents on it this long. And, yes, the actual stores make a difference for the better.
    I will stop by a store. I appreciate the heads up. Right now, I am paying $40 a month for AT&T 6GB 4G LTE GoPhone - which was just renamed to AT&T Prepaid - that works pretty well. it's only problem is I cannot use it as a mobile hotspot; AT&T does not allow GoPhone users to use a mobile hotspot if the phone is a BYOD, so my 950XL just gives an error every time I try... if I use the Lumia 640 I have laying around the car for an MP3 player, it works as that was an actual for sale GoPhone... Maybe Cricket will let me try it out to see if that works, and if it does, charge around the same per month.
    Joe920 likes this.
    07-23-2017 07:20 AM
    Cricket Hotspot requires the $50/month plan w/ 8GB and certain Cricket Branded phones. We're using an old Lumia 635 with the Cricket Firmware.

However... On W10M there is a workaround if you use the Interop Tools ap and hack a reg entry: https://forums.windowscentral.com/cr...ce-thread.html Then you can hotspot any W10M phone no matter the plan level.
    07-23-2017 03:54 PM
    Geez people ... I changed it!
    I tend to prefer mint to cinnamon or bubble gum flavors. But different people prefer different things, I suppose.
    Guytronic, xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    07-24-2017 09:20 AM
    07-24-2017 02:18 PM
    You all have killed my thread where I was just trying to say (I shall clarify here) "MINT SIM, you know, the one that Windows Central obviously has a promotional deal with and uses T-Mobile towers to connect to your cellphone and therefore your cellphone to the world, absolutely sucks".

Enjoy this photo of a true musician!
    grimalicerules3-2-.jpg
    07-31-2017 07:10 AM
    I have the same plan and mobile hotspot works on my S8. I just looked on their site and it only expressly prohibits hotspot on the unlimited prepaid plan.

I will stop by a store. I appreciate the heads up. Right now, I am paying $40 a month for AT&T 6GB 4G LTE GoPhone - which was just renamed to AT&T Prepaid - that works pretty well. it's only problem is I cannot use it as a mobile hotspot; AT&T does not allow GoPhone users to use a mobile hotspot if the phone is a BYOD, so my 950XL just gives an error every time I try... if I use the Lumia 640 I have laying around the car for an MP3 player, it works as that was an actual for sale GoPhone... Maybe Cricket will let me try it out to see if that works, and if it does, charge around the same per month.
    07-31-2017 10:17 PM