What is "reputation" and how can I get "reputation"?

Cute Kittens

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I have some things I want to post, but I apparently I have to wait 64 sec. between each comment because I don't have reputation...
Can someone explain this reputation thing?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@Cute Kittens This forum is built off of V-Bulletin, but heavily customized (modified).

V-Bulletin forum software does have a "Reputation" module. However, Reputation is not active on this forum. The system is likely throwing a "Reputation needed" error message as a substitute for Post Count (most likely explanation). The closest thing we have to Reputation is "Likes" and so far as I know absolutely nothing is tied to Like levels. Nothing.

Posting certain things is tied to Post Count though. It is asked that you make 10 quality posts before you may add links or images to your posts. In some instances the SPAM Filters might block posts...

@GioLogist (who administrates the forum software) can correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't use Reputation. We used to have Likes and "Thanks" both. Then Thanks got folded into Likes for a composite score and the Thanks button went away. It's been a long time since I was under the hood of a V-Bulletin system, but I'm of the belief that Likes is a separate component from Reputation. I could be wrong though and Likes is just a relabeling of Reputation.

In any event, I had seen you already asked this as a guest although it has since been deleted from AaQ (likely as a duplcate). It is worth noting to observers that you experienced the "Reputation needed" warning as a guest.

Did it reappear as a registered user?

What were you trying to post when the warning came?

If it was just a 64 second wait, that may have been solely due to your being an unregistered guest. Unregistered guests have very limited posting rights and many restrictions on posting as a rule...

Whether or not Likes = Rep, I've given you your first Like to help you along the road. Welcome to Windows Central.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard