Why is Windows Central thoughtlessly wasting my time?

Marshall Emm

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
Why did it log me in, specifically invite me to comment on a message I had just read, and after working on my comment for 10 minutes tell me "You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content " Thank you SO much, guys.

Yes, the question is rhetorical and I'm not sure you have enough reputation for me to visit the WC again to see if there is any response.

Mike994

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
You are sooo right!

I was writing a reply somewhere and hit on [Comment] button and got this error.

Windows Central should have some kind of 'validation' in place: checking the user against forum thread and tell the users they can't comment.

Indeed a waste of time and so old fashioned.

I remember in the past there were a few forums that one could not create a topic until having replied first to others a number of times. Only then one could create a topic. Ridiculous of course: one is visiting a forum with a question and should not be answering on others and be a member for a some period before being able to ask a question.
I believe such forums do not exist anymore.

semyl

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Agreed, I read an article, wanted to contribute to the comments, so I registered, validated my email, wrote my comment, submitted - and got the same error message. And can't find how to get "enough" reputation to make the post, so forget it, I'll contribute my review of the product elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss