Ads on Mobile Nations

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
First I would like to state that I fully understand that the different publications under Mobile Nations needs there revenue and as now ads are the only relevant way to get that.

But there is ads and ads. I would have no issue what so ever if Mobile Nations used curated and target ads within the tech realm but as now it based on browser history and completely irrelevant to the sites content. They are also usually very irritating and sometime straight up dangerous. As now when I'm writing this piece there is a malware ad for so called "DriverUpdate Utility" on the top. Not something a serious tech site should have.

As it is now I will start to use an ad blocker on Mobile Nation's sites, not a thing I'm using on a couple of other tech sites that have curated ads and no cute pop-up kitty can change that until you either look me out or change your ad policy.

As I said earlier in this text, I have no problem what so ever with ads for laptops, computer courses or any techy but it is not even funny that the second after I buy a dress to my wife Windows Central is drenched by models in dresses. I could may forgive that if they at least had RGB and USB connection.

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
I'm still surprised that they don't at least try a subscription model.

This was a topic of conversation this past Friday on the MoNa volunteer chat on discord. Michelle and Bla1ze joined in. To briefly summarize the conversation, this isn't going to go away; it's a corporate "thing". I asked about a subscription model, and the response was "if that was an option, we'd have already tried it." Apparently, people are logged in see fewer ads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon