What has happened to this website...?!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This used to be a really good resource for finding out about Windows Mobile / Phone, and then for Windows itself. I have come back to it after not visiting for a while (since MS gave up on Windows Mobile) and the whole thing is basically a flashing advert for shops and products. Is there another website out there for Windows / MS fans that is what Windows Central used to be like?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the reason this site is called "Windows Central" is because it used to be called "Windows Phone Central", back when WP/WM was still a thing. "Phone" was removed because it no longer applied. I agree that "Microsoft Central" might be more accurate.

Or, judging by what @HeyCori said, the cynic would say that "Clickbait Central" is objectively accurate. I think that the passion is gone from this site. It seems to be purely after clicks now. That said, I don't fault a site for going after clicks. That's how they survive, and they all need them. But I don't think that the writers have the interest that they did back in the "Phone" days. It's all business now.

This is why I hardly visit the site itself, just the forums. But the forums typically need an ad blocker.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I visit forums only but must admit I rarely come here anymore (the reason I am responding to a thread that died over two months ago). Maybe the site and forums will pick up again once Duo is released (although it might get move coverage at Andriod Central).

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
you come here for an unbiased professional journalism at work. if u want microsoft products and services continue to being bashed, trashed, etc u have sites like DasVurge. POS cant even get thru microsoft product review without giving their ''personal opinion'' as fact. u stay here for the Ads, and journalism.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
New to the forum but reading this maybe I am wasting my time posting. No response to question posted. Maybe it's time to move on already..

It's pretty quiet here now. I used to check WC regularly, but not so much now. Forum postings are now not very fruitful / active / interesting / helpful.

But just to be clear, the specific question in the original post was answered in the 2nd and 3rd replies. But that was now over 5 months ago.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty quiet here now. I used to check WC regularly, but not so much now. Forum postings are now not very fruitful / active / interesting / helpful.

But just to be clear, the specific question in the original post was answered in the 2nd and 3rd replies. But that was now over 5 months ago.

Yes, the site has definitely dropped off, sadly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6