Should I be able to get toast notifications when I get Skype messages? I never have. I have enabled Skype and messenger notifications in the app. I have less than 15 background tasks running. It is the same on Wifi or 4G. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    05-30-2014 06:46 AM
    Yes Skype messages should give you a toast. Sometimes Skype call notifications are stuck in cloud and are a few minutes late, but never had issues with Skype message toasts.
    05-30-2014 07:46 AM
    Every once in a while my phone will lose its mind and I won't get specific notifications or I won't be able to get the store to do updates. I find that if I unpin the problem app and do a soft reset of the phone, then re-pin the problem app, the notifications will return.

Not sure why it does this but it gets better with every iteration of updates.

Hope that helps. Good luck and stay patient.
    hovesteve likes this.
    05-30-2014 07:59 AM
    Every once in a while my phone will lose its mind and I won't get specific notifications or I won't be able to get the store to do updates. I find that if I unpin the problem app and do a soft reset of the phone, then re-pin the problem app, the notifications will return.

Not sure why it does this but it gets better with every iteration of updates.

Hope that helps. Good luck and stay patient.
    Well nowadays windows phone notifications are more reliable but the Skype app on Windows phone is just... Arrgh. You don't know what will happen next.
    hovesteve likes this.
    05-30-2014 08:08 AM
    Well nowadays windows phone notifications are more reliable but the Skype app on Windows phone is just... Arrgh. You don't know what will happen next.
    Absolutely agree 100%...but they will get there.
    05-30-2014 01:11 PM
    FYI, I've had a LOT of Skype notification problems over the last nine months as I've posted about in other WPC Skype threads -- missing notifications, delayed notifications, Skype chat messages never making it to me, etc. These problems happened only on my phone and never with my Skype desktop app. I eventually realized I would reliably get phone notifications and chats from some of my contacts but not from others, so in talking to one of the more problematic Skype contacts I discovered that she was using an older version of Skype than I was. Once she updated to the newest version of Skype desktop, all those problems went away and notifications and chats are now consistently reliable.

So all that is just to say that some of the problems listed above could potentially have a lot to do with what Skype version your contacts are using.
    07-01-2014 10:36 PM
    I don't get Skype notifications in group chat, but more often than not, notifications for single chats work fine.
    07-02-2014 02:26 PM
    FYI, I've had a LOT of Skype notification problems over the last nine months as I've posted about in other WPC Skype threads -- missing notifications, delayed notifications, Skype chat messages never making it to me, etc. These problems happened only on my phone and never with my Skype desktop app. I eventually realized I would reliably get phone notifications and chats from some of my contacts but not from others, so in talking to one of the more problematic Skype contacts I discovered that she was using an older version of Skype than I was. Once she updated to the newest version of Skype desktop, all those problems went away and notifications and chats are now consistently reliable.

So all that is just to say that some of the problems listed above could potentially have a lot to do with what Skype version your contacts are using.
    Hm, I only get notifications for certain contacts too. I'll ask the problematic ones to see if they require an update on their desktop app.
    Thanks!
    I really expected better from Skype/MS at this point..
    08-04-2014 01:53 AM
    So they were up to date. Didn't solve the problem. Tried re-ading them, didn't solve the issue. She ended up unlinking her Skype and ms account and just signing in to her ms account which I added. Now I get notifications without issues. What a mess.
    08-04-2014 03:29 PM