Hello,

Often when using Skype, I can't see the other person. It's all black. I can see myself in the bottom right hand corner, and the person I am talking to says they can see me. The other person can also see themselves on the bottom right of their screen.

I tried turning the camera on and off during the call - but no luck.

Voice is fine.

Suggestions?
    05-05-2016 11:21 PM
    When I video call someone on skype my video is on then when I connect to the other person it turns off. Then when I click to turn it on it goes on for a second then goes off. I'm wondering if this is a connection issue with the other person. Have only tried it with one person.
    08-03-2018 05:28 AM
    hi,

Update your video device software to the latest version. Check with the manufacturer website of your webcam for the latest driver update, and of course, doing a Windows update can’t hurt (usually).

For control freaks, Windows Update is a nightmare. It works in the background, and keeps your system safe and running smoothly. We show you how it works and what you can customize.
    READ MORE
    Check your current driver version by going into the device manager. For most versions of Windows, that’s in the Control Panel > System and Security > System Device Manager.

Skype Video Not Working? How to Test and Troubleshoot Your Camera device drivers

A yellow exclamation mark on the webcam indicates your issue is a resource conflict with another device.

Fixing that is beyond the scope of this article, but it would at least indicate the source of Skype having no video. If things appear fine, then right-click on your webcam device and select Properties. Then click on the Driver tab.

Here, you can see the driver date, and if it’s fairly old (as mine is), you may want to click on Update Driver and search the internet for the latest version.

Skype Video Not Working? How to Test and Troubleshoot Your Camera update driver

Checking the Copyright under Driver Details will also provide you with the name of the company that wrote the software. You can use this to download the latest driver version yourself, from that company’s web
    10-04-2018 04:34 AM