If I go for a Skype number in London the numbers start 020 which is a landline number.

If someone has free landline calling, does this mean the call is free?

For others does it mean a local charged call rate?

For others in the UK is it a national call rate?

And for calls from mobiles it will just come off the callers minutes? Or charged at normal mobile to landline if no minutes available?
    08-07-2016 04:41 PM
    08-07-2016 05:09 PM
    Seen all that and I was a community ambassador on the forums (Don't visit anymore), just wanted confirmation from someone who had one.

Having re-read those pages, I am sure the questions I posted, the assumptions are correct, but if anyone uses a Skype number can confirm it would be appreciated
    Last edited by Bobvfr; 08-07-2016 at 05:44 PM.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    08-07-2016 05:23 PM
    I almost signed up for a skype number but after reading in the info I decided I didn't need it right now. the way I saw it was you pay a monthly fee, and you can choose a Country, including your own.

If you choose your own Country (local number), family can use it when you are aboard; thus, able to reach you via a familiar, local number.

If you choose another Country (one you visit often), then people in that country can dial a local number, that THEY are familiar with to reach you when you are there, or not.

At least that's how I figured it?
    08-07-2016 05:35 PM
    I went for it..........

I got a 50 % discount so 30 inc tax for the year, I was lucky to get something close to my mobile number.

I have a couple of relatives who still use landlines with unlimited landline calling deals.

I also really don't like giving my mobile number to companies and I like my mobile number so want to keep long term without junk calls so I reckon I can in effect hide behind the landline/Skype number.
    Last edited by Bobvfr; 08-09-2016 at 02:02 AM.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-07-2016 06:10 PM