Unblocking someone? Skype Preview (UWP)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Heya Guys/Gals,

So recently someone posted that they had an issue: Blocking someone by accident.

I can imagine how this would feel, especially if it's a loved one..

So how do you unblock someone using the Skype Preview app? As it turns out, there isn't any way to do this (or my eyes were too tired to find it).

With the app out, I tried the skype web app. That seemed to have solved the issue, but not quite. As it turns out, you can block someone using the web app and easily enough unblock that person, BUT this only works for contacts you have blocked via the browser. This method won't allow you to view an entire list of the contacts you have blocked previously.

So how was the problem resolved? Bring in the ol' Skype desktop program :cool:

You can still easily download the installer from the web. Once installed > well, you log in obviously > click/tap on "contacts" (look up, lol) > advanced > manage blocked contacts > the rest is easy enough :)

I hope this helps after you accidentally block your "significant other"..

Also, it would be nice if we bombarded MS (using the feedback option within the Skype Preview app) to remind them that we would like to have this option available

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have kept Skype desktop on my PC (No longer on my SP3) as an admin backup, obviously Skype preview is just that, and although good (I am using exclusively on my desktop, SP3 and 950XL) it still is a work in progress, so pays to have a backup idea.

Well done for researching this.

Be nice when it comes to the Xbox One as well :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6