I like the SMS fuction in Skype preview.

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does it not mean the same thing though, just using a different word? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the only other way to confirm something has been delivered/sent is if it's like whatsapp where it shows you they read your message.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Does it not mean the same thing though, just using a different word? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the only other way to confirm something has been delivered/sent is if it's like whatsapp where it shows you they read your message.
It might be that the delivered is shown only to another skype preview user using it for sms. Much like imessage. Anyone know if that's true? I don't know anyone else using this app in my contact list other than me...

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not getting any notifications on the Live Tile. I'm pinning it to Start from the app list. Is there something else I should do?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not getting any notifications on the Live Tile. I'm pinning it to Start from the app list. Is there something else I should do?
Do you see nothing at all? All I see is an asterisk like snowflake show up after a sms is received. No values other than that in my medium size tile.

Sent from mTalk

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
What am I missing here? how do I set this up? I have skype preview app and if I send a sms from skype app-laptop to say my mobile phone, it gets deducted from my skype credit?

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

No, "sent" means, that the SMS was sent. "delivered" means that the other person has received the SMS. SMS can also be sent and not delivered, because other person currently has no network or similar.

And just to be clear, we are talking about SMS messages sent with skype preview app, not skype messages.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No, "sent" means, that the SMS was sent. "delivered" means that the other person has received the SMS. SMS can also be sent and not delivered, because other person currently has no network or similar.

And just to be clear, we are talking about SMS messages sent with skype preview app, not skype messages.
Even Microsoft Messaging does not use the "delivered" detail. Plus skype preview is under development and accepting feed back, so hold tight...

Sent from mTalk

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
What am I missing here? how do I set this up? I have skype preview app and if I send a sms from skype app-laptop to say my mobile phone, it gets deducted from my skype credit?

I started using this yesterday and loving it. I just can't say how kick *** this is having text conversations on my Surface. I can send pictures as well. '

You have to change your phone settings to skype as your default SMS messaging app and then your desktop skype preview works.

Sent from mTalk

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Even Microsoft Messaging does not use the "delivered" detail. Plus skype preview is under development and accepting feed back, so hold tight...

On my phone (950XL) microsoft messaging does use that detail:
Capture.JPG

I know it's in development, I already submited my feedback on this matter:)

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to change the notification sounds for Skype in Windows Mobile 10? Skype doesn't show up in the list of notifications in settings.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
normally once you send and receive a message in that app that seems to add the app to the list, then you can change settings,

real0395

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hm did some research on the sent vs delivered (not skype specific) and it's interesting. I think semantically sent vs delivered is not that different in the english language (e.g. I sent the mail to bob vs I delivered the mail to bob). But when looking it up in relation to phone messages I found old threads where people on verizon had questions about a message being indicated as sent versus delivered and what the difference was. I've never encountered having to really distinguish the two (never been on verizon either), so this was an interesting thing to learn today!

Yes, I know we are talking about SMS messages sent with skype preview app.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Sent means successful delivery from your device to the network server. It does NOT mean the other person has received it, I know this for a FACT as I am a Mobile telecoms Manager. Other person might have their phone OFF but you can still send to them, they will pick up their messages from the network once they switch on again, you need to have delivery reports ON for confirmation of delivery meaning that message has been sent to that device and received by that device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750