Skype SMS defaulting to landline

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Skype randomly switches to the landline number for some of my contacts. This causes them to not receive my messages. I checked their contact info and the numbers are properly identified as either mobile or home/work. I'm not sure how to fix this. Has anyone else had the same issue?

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally gave up on Skype for SMS relay. It seemed like a good idea but it just has too many issues.

1. Sent messages that were never received due to randomly switching from SMS to Skype or even switching to a non-mobile number.

2. Still not part of the sharing Charm.

3. Slow and cumbersome to start a new message.

Hopefully it will improve eventually. I'm just tired of it not working right now.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have ditched it as well. I confirmed the numbers in Skype were correctly identified asked even blocked the notification i got when Skype would message both a land line and mobile line. I like the goal state they have for a single interface for VoIP & SMS but when I use Cortana via blue tooth to call someone and she ask which contact: I'm done.

I've thought about this and will try again but not allow Skype to use my address book and limit contacts in the Skype database to those that I call frequently.

The text message relay is the reason I have any machines with 10. It is critical to my work.

Thanks for the link to upvote feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05