Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The big question for me is will the Pebble App will work with the new Pebble time...

If we know it will 100% work with it, I will pre-order a Pebble Time steel today...

jim6204

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
hi again , there is another name to add to my list FiDELYS check it out on you tube.
they say using eye recognition for added security and use ios android and windows.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Out of the 2 I tried.... The Pebble (basic and the steel) and The Microsoft Band.

The Pebble with the Pebble Notifcations app (sideloaded), The App itself is flakey but, you ONLY need to use it to set it up (once setup, and apps selected, never have to open it again). With 8.1 it was FLAWLESS, every notification was sent to my phone. Even apps that I selected. Most information, for example, email: Account (I have 3 emails accounts on my phone and it shows what account)FROM, TO, Subject and about 8 to 10 lines of the email. Enough to get good detail on it. I even got Cortana updates on the watch, if you select the app and you get notifications from it, it would show up on the watch.

It was 100% flawless on WP 8.1, on the W10m beta/preview, some notifications don't always come over (to be fair, on the Band this happens too)..

Major Perk: Battery life, 5-7 days in the real world. It's a watch that I charged on the weekend, and don't even think about it... AND water proof (almost), I had my Pebble steel and I went swimming with it... in 10 feet deep water, I was getting notifcations under water...cool

Microsoft band. Color, cool, Lots of sensors if your into fitness, I guess it's neat to see how much actual sleep you get a night (and how much is good sleep). I don't really work out or into fitness so, it's a so, so aspect for me. Notifications are good, but, not as detailed as the Pebble. You get who and a little detail on email, not even close to what you get on the Pebble (expected more from Microsoft on this, a disappointment for me). You cant select apps to get notifications from, so your limited on what you can GET notifications from because of this (Pebble wins hands down on this aspect).

Plus: Color and sensors up the YING YANG.

Negative: 2 1/2 days battery life, If your enable Watch on all the time, 2 or less.

If your Into fitness, the Band or Band 2, is what you want as you can get both. If your ONLY worried about getting notifications and don't care about the fitness side of it, the Pebble by far is the better option...

Just my thoughts...

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Out of the 2 I tried.... The Pebble (basic and the steel) and The Microsoft Band.

The Pebble with the Pebble Notifcations app (sideloaded), The App itself is flakey but, you ONLY need to use it to set it up (once setup, and apps selected, never have to open it again). With 8.1 it was FLAWLESS, every notification was sent to my phone. Even apps that I selected. Most information, for example, email: Account (I have 3 emails accounts on my phone and it shows what account)FROM, TO, Subject and about 8 to 10 lines of the email. Enough to get good detail on it. I even got Cortana updates on the watch, if you select the app and you get notifications from it, it would show up on the watch.

It was 100% flawless on WP 8.1, on the W10m beta/preview, some notifications don't always come over (to be fair, on the Band this happens too)..

Major Perk: Battery life, 5-7 days in the real world. It's a watch that I charged on the weekend, and don't even think about it... AND water proof (almost), I had my Pebble steel and I went swimming with it... in 10 feet deep water, I was getting notifcations under water...cool

Microsoft band. Color, cool, Lots of sensors if your into fitness, I guess it's neat to see how much actual sleep you get a night (and how much is good sleep). I don't really work out or into fitness so, it's a so, so aspect for me. Notifications are good, but, not as detailed as the Pebble. You get who and a little detail on email, not even close to what you get on the Pebble (expected more from Microsoft on this, a disappointment for me). You cant select apps to get notifications from, so your limited on what you can GET notifications from because of this (Pebble wins hands down on this aspect).

Plus: Color and sensors up the YING YANG.

Negative: 2 1/2 days battery life, If your enable Watch on all the time, 2 or less.

If your Into fitness, the Band or Band 2, is what you want as you can get both. If your ONLY worried about getting notifications and don't care about the fitness side of it, the Pebble by far is the better option...

Just my thoughts...

Great review DavidinCT, I also had to make a decision between the two products as both seemed quite appealing.

I ultimately went with a Pebble since the battery life is perhaps the most important aspect about a portable tech product. I cannot imagine charging the watch every night since I use my Pebble as an alarm clock every morning.

I would like to say that Pebble watches are also quite capable of fitness tracking too, maybe not to the extent of a Band, but still good.

If you want your heart rate tracking during your exercises, you could buy a bluetooth heartrate strap that syncs to your phone, which can send the heartrate to the Pebble watch. The added benefit being the heartrate from the chest strap would still be a lot more accurate than the heartrate monitoring from a Band.

There are fitness apps for phones that are available that can integrate the phone, heartrate strap, and a Pebble watch.

The Pebble watch also has a GPS, and an acceleration meter built in so that it can give you a real time speed if you are biking or running.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
from reading this thread I take it that a Pebble Time works with W10M? Maybe not all the features but most basic ones? Notifications? I am looking at buying a smartwatch for my son (other than MS Band) and got intrigued by the Pebble smartwatch on sale at the moment.

thanks

MakThaNife

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The RWATCH M26S is compatible with Windows Phone 8.1 and 10. It's not the greatest watch, but it goes for under $30 on eBay. $50 on Amazon. There are reviews of the watch on YouTube. I'm going to pick one up after Christmas.

viper_crazy

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible for someone to please update the OP to list all the watches which are WP compatible that have come out or have been discovered to work since this thread was created? Scrolling through pages of info is a bit tedious for such a simple answer.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Would it be possible for someone to please update the OP to list all the watches which are WP compatible that have come out or have been discovered to work since this thread was created? Scrolling through pages of info is a bit tedious for such a simple answer.
Working on this myself... I'll keep ya updated 😁

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Shouldn't take too long - the list is:

Band
Band 2

If you want any other smartwatch, Windows Phone ain't the platform for you.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Shouldn't take too long - the list is:

Band
Band 2

If you want any other smartwatch, Windows Phone ain't the platform for you.
LOL... There are a few others that are "compatible"... Whether or not they actually work well are debatable. I'll try to get a list compiled and formatted with prices, pictures and availability later tonight 😁 .

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Here goes... Updated (12/2015) list for known compatible Windows Phone smartwatches / wearables:

Where possible I've tried to include a picture of the wearable, a price and a link on where to purchase it. The purchase links are sometimes to eBay and Amazon, so you may be buying from third parties... In other words, a seamless transaction is NOT guaranteed / use your best judgement! Also, prices change all the time? there is no guarantee that the price listed here is still the price of the item today. If you are truly interested in an item, shop around and see who has the best price!

Smartwatches / wearables that are not currently on the market (you can't buy it today) are NOT included in this list. Many wearables announced are vaporware or never come to be and many that do make it to market do not have Windows Phone support at launch.

Many of these wearables I own myself and have tried with a Nokia Lumia 635 running Windows Phone 8.1 (Cyan). However, I simply can't own every wearable out there (trust me, I tried). I've done my best to ensure this information is accurate (however, I do make mistakes... I?m not perfect). So, if there is something wrong, needs revision, or needs to be added, please let me know.

WINDOWS PHONE WEARABLES WITH OFFICIAL SUPPORT AND FULL-FLEDGED NOTIFICATIONS:

- Microsoft Band
(Official support & full-fledged notifications)
6a002cb23c21e72da3ad45a1e3864628.jpg

$149.99 USD from Amazon (Medium size, prices may vary depending on size)
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-4M5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3360627

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Microsoft Band 2
(Official support & full-fledged notifications)
9e0508ca4b1052cd3b9f7c2656b4e016.jpg

$199.99 USD (price may change after 1/4/2016) from the Microsoft Store
Microsoft Band | Official Site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The Vector smartwatch
(Official support & full-fledged notifications? work in progress, not all functions may work properly at the moment)
705311b65aec8a2c93c8a45a2294c85c.jpg

$249 - $399 USD (depending on style / model) from Vector Watch
https://www.vectorwatch.com/

WINDOWS PHONE COMPATIBLE WEARABLES (LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY):

- The RWATCH M26S smartwatch
(Limited functionality, only works with call notifications and media control.)
66cdf548207b3b18db623bbb6f3f2b9c.jpg

$19.96 USD from Amazon
Amazon.com: Fashion R-Watch M26 Bluetooth Smart LED Light Display Watch with Dial / Call Answer / SMS Reminding / Music Player / Anti-lost / Passometer / Thermometer for Samsung / HTC + More (Black,White,blue): Cell Phones & Accessories

- The original Pebble ?Classic? smartwatch
(Requires side-loading and some tinkering? NOT an out of the box solution! NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT!)
c0edb089246697c358ff366120bfe1e7.jpg

$99.99 USD from Pebble
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...m%2Fpebble-smartwatch-features&token=VfVqz91a

- The Pebble Steel smartwatch
(Requires side-loading and some tinkering? NOT an out of the box solution! NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT!)
2335a172059522d328190cbe309dc601.jpg

$149.99 USD from Pebble
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...bble-steel-smartwatch-features&token=Tve2HNyF

- Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel
(Requires some tinkering? Limited Functionality / Work in Progress & Disconnects frequently. NOT an out of the box solution! NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT!)
2ea00aedc491fc224be591796db55b71.jpg

$149.00 - $249.99 USD (depending on model) from Pebble
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2F%2Fwww.pebble.com%2Fwatches&token=Nzg3exqh

- The HOT Watch
(Watch is still a work in progress? not all functions work properly)
d72b2e7d83a90d5f1596c22d001b6a48.jpg

$179.55 - $236.55 USD (depending on model) from HOT smart watch
Hot Smartwatch | Bluetooth Watch | Hot Watch

- The Wellograph
(Purely a fitness / sleep tracking watch? NO NOTIFICATIONS!)
2c3d4156b746874d724b7af76d158a5d.jpg

$150 USD from the Microsoft Store
Buy Wellograph Wellness Watch (Black Chrome) - Microsoft Store

- Fitbit Zip, One, Flex, Charge, Charge HR, Surge, Force, Ultra, Aria
(Activity tracking / syncing ONLY? NO NOTIFICATIONS!)
de6a0e93c3ad52eb5378f20d0b4830c3.jpg

$59.95 - $249.99 USD (depending on model) from Fitbit
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e.../www.fitbit.com/global/us/home&token=-0Tt4qgB

- Misfit Shine (NOT Flash or Shine 2)
74251b4797ea46c0a6ee578d6c60c78a.jpg

$69.99 USD from Misfit
Misfit Shine | Premium Fitness + Sleep Monitor

- adidas miCoach Fit Smart watch
8a9b7544e2d1b29832ae0aaf0d3fbff2.jpg

$149 USD from the Microsoft Store
Buy Adidas miCoach Fit Smart - Microsoft Store

- MyKronoz ZeFit, ZeFit2, ZeCircle, ZeBracelet2, ZeWatch2, ZeWatch3
f928aa4e3c946637fbe284602b20ab76.jpg

$49 - $118 USD (depending on model) from Amazon
Amazon.com: mykronoz

- Razer Nabu, Nabu X
23eb305e5826d130c6f7684fde5de5b3.jpg

$49.99 - $99.99 USD from Razer Store
Buy Social Wearable Smartband- Official Razer Online Store (United States)

- Xiaomi Mi Band
8965fd15ce35388ffb61563ebf9a5efe.jpg

$14.99 USD from Xiaomi
Mi Band - Mi Global Home

- Garmin VivoActive
(WINDOWS PHONE 10 ONLY! Bluetooth connection unstable, disconnects often, only notification for missed call, text and emails, no replying to text or missed call via watch, no Cortana or voice interaction.)
7183534df80811756d24e8c276b75537.jpg

$214.97 USD from Amazon
[url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RE1UL52?t=wpcentral00-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3360627]Garmin VivoActive - Amazon[/url]

As things change, I will try to edit, revise and update this thread.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb