What's your favorite Smartwatch?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
What the title says, what's your favorite Smartwatch? Let it be from a fitness band even, like the Fuelband and Nabu, or something like the Sony Smartwatch, Pebble, etc. Reply to this thread and let us know!

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I like Pebble the best. I have 2 black original style Pebbles and I wrote Pebble Watch Pro and Pebble Watch Lite for WP8. I have an unopened Sony Smart Watch 1 and just today ordered a Sony Smart Watch 2 I found for a good price. I have also backed the Agent, Kreyos and Vachen smart watches. As I get more experience with WP8/WP8.1 Bluetooth development I hope to provide support for as many wearable devices as I have time to for WP. The device makers may not care about WP but I intend to do what I can to fill the void.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
After yesterday, the only smartwatch I'm even interested in is Moto 360. The rest of them look clunky compared to Moto's styling.

Connor Bunch

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that is the real question here. Presumably all of you use windows phone primarily, and so as you all know smartwatch support is limited. What do we even have to choose from? Out of all of these watches, none of them support WP fully, and although that may be the OSs fault, we still have to take it into consideration. Which of these watches will have the best support for WP this time three months from now when wp8.1 has rolled out globally? Have you looked at the WP8.1 SDK badplanet? Are there improvements in how WP shares SMS and phone calls? (BTW I like your apps. Thank you for being a developer.)

badplanet

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at the WP8.1 SDK badplanet? Are there improvements in how WP shares SMS and phone calls? (BTW I like your apps. Thank you for being a developer.)

Just as I upgraded on of my Windows Phones and installed the WP8.1 SDK the PC died so I am a week behind at this point. Looking at the new WP8.1 SDK it appears there are new functions for SMS and Phone calls but they explicitly state that they require special permission from MS to use. I have already submitted a request but have not had a satisfactory response yet.

I will know more as I get some time and a fully working PC.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
pebble steel is the only one I could wear, a bit too small for me but there isn't anything "acceptable" in terms of looks other than maybe the moto 360 which is useless for a Microsoft guy lol, ms should really have a smartwatch by now, something on the lines of the surface with its full metal-magnesium build, big and classy

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I may be the minority but I still prefer the pebble steel, even after the iWatch (just easier to call it that).

Battery life is important for a watch. Can't afford to have your watch die in the middle of the day.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss