Android Wear?HELLO MICROSOFT??

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't see yesterday, Android Wear was announced, and is actually really cool! If you don't know what Android Wear is, see the link down below.

Google officially announces Android Wear | Android Central

I think Microsoft needs to really step up their hardware game, and release their own Smartwatches and Smartglasses! Google already has this now, and ones by Microsoft would make me give Microsoft all my money!!

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't particularly think Microsoft should do something just because Google does it, but yes, I'm very excited about what kind of wearables Microsoft would make. Could you imagine a Surface Watch? :O

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe that Microsoft needs to enter the wearable market. If not, more people will buy Google products, which will cause more consumers to use the Google ecosystem, rather than the Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft needs products for consumers, not just enterprise users.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
IMO
I don't believe I would participate with a wearable.
Looks like the mobile device\OS providers are just looking to integrate the technology with smaller instantly accessible hardware i.e: wristwatches and glasses.
I can see the advantage of not having to clutch, dig thru a purse, unzip a case or reach into a pocket to interface however.

Anyone remember a number of years ago the Japanese were designing a PC that one could wear on the arm or chest.
How far we have come.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I doubt if I'd get a wearable item either. I'm so old school I carry antique pocket watches. However, I believe wearable items are more than just a fad.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
To be fair Microsoft indicated that it was working on new wearable tech months/nearly a year before Android Wear's announcement. There's an "internet-of-things" group with the OS division as well as leaks of glasses, bands, trackers, etc. being patented or conceptualized. If anything, Android Wear has probably given Microsoft a firm idea of what to expect in the way of features and expectations for a smartwatch, which is basically an updated idea of SPOT. Let's hope that BUILD has something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium