Razer Nabu?

Silent Fox

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got this? I'm wanting a watch that can give me phone, text and email notifications that will have a battery that lasts a while. I know the smart watches and banda are Limited for WP, but this looks promising...maybe, I know there are apps in the store, but I want to be sure before I buy.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have one.

Unfortunately at this time, for me at least nothing works notification wise. I got this knowing that extra features like the high five thing and such wouldn't work for WP but in their page FAQ it states: "...notifications beyond SMS currently do not work..." which I took as SMS notifications work but nothing else and I'm fine with that but I can't figure out how to make it work, if it does at all. Customer support is no help on the matter just doing the usual "It's only available for iOS or Android" not even knowing that there are apps for WP. I will give it a bit of leeway considering they call them beta apps in the same FAQ question. I will say the 'phone disconnected' notification works and has saved me from leaving my phone behind a couple times already this holiday season.

I also wanted more a watch than fitness tracker and for the most part the watch function works well. It can't stay on at all times though I'm not sure if it's a setting that not available so you have two options to view it; 1. Press the button to turn on the display, which for me trying to use it as a watch defeats the purpose or 2. Have the display turn on based on motion when your wrist is rotated which in my experience is pretty solid, the only problems being when laying down it doesn't always work flawless and it doesn't work when in sleep mode.

So at this point in time if your primary purpose is notifications, it's not there yet, though hopefully soon with 8.1 update 1 going out it won't be too long.

XillaKun

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Razer is king of soft supporting devices. I'm glad I was unable to get one.

I own there Edge tablet. Long forgotten and support was laughable.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have one.

Unfortunately at this time, for me at least nothing works notification wise. I got this knowing that extra features like the high five thing and such wouldn't work for WP but in their page FAQ it states: "...notifications beyond SMS currently do not work..." which I took as SMS notifications work but nothing else and I'm fine with that but I can't figure out how to make it work, if it does at all. Customer support is no help on the matter just doing the usual "It's only available for iOS or Android" not even knowing that there are apps for WP. I will give it a bit of leeway considering they call them beta apps in the same FAQ question. I will say the 'phone disconnected' notification works and has saved me from leaving my phone behind a couple times already this holiday season.

I also wanted more a watch than fitness tracker and for the most part the watch function works well. It can't stay on at all times though I'm not sure if it's a setting that not available so you have two options to view it; 1. Press the button to turn on the display, which for me trying to use it as a watch defeats the purpose or 2. Have the display turn on based on motion when your wrist is rotated which in my experience is pretty solid, the only problems being when laying down it doesn't always work flawless and it doesn't work when in sleep mode.

So at this point in time if your primary purpose is notifications, it's not there yet, though hopefully soon with 8.1 update 1 going out it won't be too long.

Update 1 brings proper notification support for wearables, so maybe check back when you do choose to update :p

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess I wasn't so clear on that part... I have Update 1. What I had meant was now that it is out hopefully Razer takes advantage of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss