08-31-2015 05:57 PM
51 123
tools
    Reread my comment.

I said they can't do anything important that the Pebble cant.

Also, watch virtually any online review of an LCD screened smartwatch. They all get dinged for outdoor visibility.

Plus the woeful battery life.

Those flaws aside, I'd get a Band if it were offered here just so I could return to WP. But I know as a notification hub its inferior to the Pebble because I've researched it.
    03-09-2015 03:05 AM
    Reread my comment.

I said they can't do anything important that the Pebble cant.

Also, watch virtually any online review of an LCD screened smartwatch. They all get dinged for outdoor visibility.

Plus the woeful battery life.

Those flaws aside, I'd get a Band if it were offered here just so I could return to WP. But I know as a notification hub its inferior to the Pebble because I've researched it.
    Yes, and reread my comment. I listed things the Pebble doesn't do - a direct response to what I quoted from you.

I don't have to watch a review, to know how the LCD performs on the Band (I'm not talking about any other), because I'm wearing one.

I'm sorry to say that your 'research' may have failed you. There is not a single notification that I do not receive on my Band, so I'm not sure what you mean.
    FinancialP likes this.
    03-10-2015 09:49 AM
    I wish somebody find a way to have Android Wear. Zenwatch is very interesting. Better design than Apple Watch
    Phones - ASUS ZenWatch (WI500Q) - ASUS
    03-11-2015 08:38 AM
    I wish somebody find a way to have Android Wear. Zenwatch is very interesting. Better design than Apple Watch
    Phones - ASUS ZenWatch (WI500Q) - ASUS
    It's not a bad looking watch as smartwatches go. Would love to see someone hack a 3rd party app to hack in Any Android Wear watches to fully work with Windows Phone... That would be cool as there is a few options I would think about checking out...
    03-13-2015 10:22 PM
    There is the HOT watch, check it out. I ordered a MS Band, but HOT Watch is compatible with Windows 8.1.1
    James8561 likes this.
    03-15-2015 01:15 PM
    Last I read, the HOT watch was suffering the same kind of fate as other start-ups that said they'd support WP... quality/existence/functionality issues.
    03-17-2015 03:04 AM
    Acer liquid leap+
    03-17-2015 03:39 AM
    Acer liquid leap+
    Compatible with Windows Phone? You sure? It gets SMS etc notifications?
    03-17-2015 03:54 AM
    Compatible with Windows Phone? You sure? It gets SMS etc notifications?
    Yes it gets all notifications and music and call controls, will be available in next 2 months in Europe and Asia followed by USA.
    03-17-2015 01:46 PM
    Acer liquid leap+
    Not a smart watch, it's a fitness band....
    Acer Liquid Leap review - Engadget

This thread is about a "Watch" not a fitness band...
    03-17-2015 03:26 PM
    Yes it gets all notifications and music and call controls, will be available in next 2 months in Europe and Asia followed by USA.
    Hmm. If correct, that's cool. But it's not mentioned anywhere on their website. I'll wait and see.
    03-18-2015 10:07 PM
    Personally i really want to test Pebble or LG Watch, but having a Windows phone doesnt let me to do so... Thus i am thinking of going back to Android.
    04-30-2015 04:58 AM
    Personally i really want to test Pebble or LG Watch, but having a Windows phone doesnt let me to do so... Thus i am thinking of going back to Android.
    If you dev unlock your phone, you can side load the Pebble Notifications app, I have been using it with a Pebble 301bl (got for $62 from Best buy) for almost 2 months now. It does all notifications including Cortana.

If the new Pebble Time will work, that is a question I would like to know. After owning the Pebble, I love it, I want voice and color and the Time has that (how well it works with WP we don't know till someone tests it). If someone could confirm 100%, I would pre-order a Pebble time steel right now..

The LG watch is Android wear and no they will not work on WP (
    05-01-2015 10:07 PM
    AFAIK none are 100% WP compatible
    05-03-2015 09:17 AM
    MyKronoz ZeWatch2 is compatible, apparently.
    05-06-2015 12:29 PM
    I wonder what happened to the Acer Liquid Leap Plus. That looked quite promising with WP support, notifications and music controls. Was supposed to be out last month.
    05-06-2015 01:19 PM
    cool thanks, but i have no idea how to DEV unlock my phone! :)
    05-07-2015 03:51 AM
    I wonder what happened to the Acer Liquid Leap Plus. That looked quite promising with WP support, notifications and music controls. Was supposed to be out last month.
    Yup, waiting for it.
    05-08-2015 05:22 AM
    ZeWatch2 has lmited functionality, no notifications aside from calls (no caller id).
    05-13-2015 06:53 AM
    I own a ZeWatch2. Its actually OK. Yes there's no caller id, but it works. You can make/recevi calls from it. Activate Cortana too. Kind of useful :)
    05-15-2015 09:47 AM
    The HOT watch seems to be the best alternative to the MS Band. There is an official app in the windows store which is being regularly updated and the watch itself has been receiving firmware updates.

hotphil posted a link to another forum talking about the HOT watch and how it works with WP. I can't post the link since I'm new, but it is the last post in the Windows Central forum entitled "Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?".
    06-30-2015 02:43 PM
    You should check out Kairos Watches!

Fully compatible with Windows Phone. Not as many featurs as other smartwatches, but twice as awesome ;)
    Expensive though!
    07-01-2015 09:15 AM
    Still nothing more than a concept though?
    07-01-2015 09:24 AM
    Microsoft should totally get off sitting on their thumbs and release something. They just sit back and and rest on their laurels with software. They have a great product in WP, all that is needed is 1. a couple of different flagship phones ( I know, I know, flagships don't sell many, BUTTTTTTTTT, it drives the ecosystem forward as more people get interested in them), 2, release the cancelled smartwatch that was leaked. 3. Get the dev's on board with apps. I started uing my note 1 again for S&G's, and the apps on android are so far ahead of wp in terms of functionality. The wp apps look much better, but are hampered by lack of functionality.

I think windows phone would double in user base if these three things were addressed.

I know many people are going back to apple and Android because of these 3 very things. Microsoft just watches their market share drop and the interest in the platform.

I would own the nokia/ms smartwatch right now, as well as a 1020 successor. I buy outright too, not subsidised through carriers, so that's money right in MS pocket.

On products sold through the MS store, like phones, they should bypass carriers and just push updates as well.
    Penguwin likes this.
    07-05-2015 08:19 AM
    The HOT watch seems to be the best alternative to the MS Band. There is an official app in the windows store which is being regularly updated and the watch itself has been receiving firmware updates.
    The only caveat to this is that your WP device *MUST* be on WP 8.1 Update 1 or later. Otherwise, the HOT Watch will not be able to get notifications from your phone. Check out THIS thread for more info.
    07-05-2015 10:07 PM
51 123