Does anybody knows what smartwach is 100% WP compatible (aside from MS Band)?

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what happened to the Acer Liquid Leap Plus. That looked quite promising with WP support, notifications and music controls. Was supposed to be out last month.

Kevin_R1234

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
The HOT watch seems to be the best alternative to the MS Band. There is an official app in the windows store which is being regularly updated and the watch itself has been receiving firmware updates.

hotphil posted a link to another forum talking about the HOT watch and how it works with WP. I can't post the link since I'm new, but it is the last post in the Windows Central forum entitled "Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?".

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You should check out Kairos Watches!

Fully compatible with Windows Phone. Not as many featurs as other smartwatches, but twice as awesome ;)
Expensive though!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should totally get off sitting on their thumbs and release something. They just sit back and and rest on their laurels with software. They have a great product in WP, all that is needed is 1. a couple of different flagship phones ( I know, I know, flagships don't sell many, BUTTTTTTTTT, it drives the ecosystem forward as more people get interested in them), 2, release the cancelled smartwatch that was leaked. 3. Get the dev's on board with apps. I started uing my note 1 again for S&G's, and the apps on android are so far ahead of wp in terms of functionality. The wp apps look much better, but are hampered by lack of functionality.

I think windows phone would double in user base if these three things were addressed.

I know many people are going back to apple and Android because of these 3 very things. Microsoft just watches their market share drop and the interest in the platform.

I would own the nokia/ms smartwatch right now, as well as a 1020 successor. I buy outright too, not subsidised through carriers, so that's money right in MS pocket.

On products sold through the MS store, like phones, they should bypass carriers and just push updates as well.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The HOT watch seems to be the best alternative to the MS Band. There is an official app in the windows store which is being regularly updated and the watch itself has been receiving firmware updates.

The only caveat to this is that your WP device *MUST* be on WP 8.1 Update 1 or later. Otherwise, the HOT Watch will not be able to get notifications from your phone. Check out THIS thread for more info.

Randy Farrell

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
LOL - "None of them can do anything important..."

Yeah. Tracking steps, monitoring heart rate, GPS, making/receiving calls, top 3 platform support, sending/responding to texts, voice commands, etc. are not important to anyone.

By the way, I never have problems viewing content on my Band in direct sunlight and I haven't heard of anyone else complaining either.

Yes those things are important to people who want those specific features available. People who also want alot of those features you mentioned get a fitness band. A smart watch is called a smart watch for a reason. Same as a fitness band is called such because of what it does. As I respect your opinion please respect mine when I say... Get off the stupid iphone/Samsung band wagon, thinking anything and everything they make is superior to everything else ever made. If you don't think a pebble is the gold standard in smartwatches then please go watch as many tech reviews as you can on smart watches, more so ones that include the pebble amongst others in their review. I guarantee your going to find that just about every tech reviewer will favor the pebble over a galaxy wear or I watch any day. The pebble is water resistant it's got E ink so it's very easily readable in the sun, not that others aren't readable, and the battery life. It's also one of the first smart watches around meaning without it the precious I watch and galaxy wear wouldn't be where they are today. You may not like the pebble and that's fine but give respect where it's due. Personally I hate when people buy stuff because they're told this is what's cool and in without doing any research on it. I feel if you did you would understand that even though you may not like the pebble because it doesn't have a color screen, and doesn't have every feature available to mankind on your wristwrist, it's still a solid device, that without it there wouldn't be so many others available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss