Does anybody knows what smartwach is 100% WP compatible (aside from MS Band)?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Dude, you don't know what you're talking about. The Pebble is the gold standard in smartwatches.

Whoops, I guess I quoted the wrong post.

I meant to respond to the post above that mentioned the Wellograph, but I wouldn't say the pebble is the "gold standard" either.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I would.

Full notification support, easily read outside and 7-10 days battery life. I own one. It stomps the others.

I'm sure you would, seeing that you own one.

I, however, would place nearly every Samsung Gear (there are several models), the upcoming Apple Watch, the Mota and the Moto 360 above the Pebble Steel.

I would even place the Microsoft Band above it... but maybe that's just because I own one!

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
None of them can do anything important the Pebble can't and they have 1-3 days battery life and you can't read an LCD screen like that out in the sun.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
None of them can do anything important the Pebble can't and they have 1-3 days battery life and you can't read an LCD screen like that out in the sun.

LOL - "None of them can do anything important..."

Yeah. Tracking steps, monitoring heart rate, GPS, making/receiving calls, top 3 platform support, sending/responding to texts, voice commands, etc. are not important to anyone.

By the way, I never have problems viewing content on my Band in direct sunlight and I haven't heard of anyone else complaining either.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Reread my comment.

I said they can't do anything important that the Pebble cant.

Also, watch virtually any online review of an LCD screened smartwatch. They all get dinged for outdoor visibility.

Plus the woeful battery life.

Those flaws aside, I'd get a Band if it were offered here just so I could return to WP. But I know as a notification hub its inferior to the Pebble because I've researched it.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Reread my comment.

I said they can't do anything important that the Pebble cant.

Also, watch virtually any online review of an LCD screened smartwatch. They all get dinged for outdoor visibility.

Plus the woeful battery life.

Those flaws aside, I'd get a Band if it were offered here just so I could return to WP. But I know as a notification hub its inferior to the Pebble because I've researched it.
Yes, and reread my comment. I listed things the Pebble doesn't do - a direct response to what I quoted from you.

I don't have to watch a review, to know how the LCD performs on the Band (I'm not talking about any other), because I'm wearing one.

I'm sorry to say that your 'research' may have failed you. There is not a single notification that I do not receive on my Band, so I'm not sure what you mean.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish somebody find a way to have Android Wear. Zenwatch is very interesting. Better design than Apple Watch
Phones - ASUS ZenWatch (WI500Q) - ASUS

It's not a bad looking watch as smartwatches go. Would love to see someone hack a 3rd party app to hack in Any Android Wear watches to fully work with Windows Phone... That would be cool as there is a few options I would think about checking out...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Last I read, the HOT watch was suffering the same kind of fate as other start-ups that said they'd support WP... quality/existence/functionality issues.

fekish

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Personally i really want to test Pebble or LG Watch, but having a Windows phone doesnt let me to do so... Thus i am thinking of going back to Android.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Personally i really want to test Pebble or LG Watch, but having a Windows phone doesnt let me to do so... Thus i am thinking of going back to Android.

If you dev unlock your phone, you can side load the Pebble Notifications app, I have been using it with a Pebble 301bl (got for $62 from Best buy) for almost 2 months now. It does all notifications including Cortana.

If the new Pebble Time will work, that is a question I would like to know. After owning the Pebble, I love it, I want voice and color and the Time has that (how well it works with WP we don't know till someone tests it). If someone could confirm 100%, I would pre-order a Pebble time steel right now..

The LG watch is Android wear and no they will not work on WP (

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)