Does anybody knows what smartwach is 100% WP compatible (aside from MS Band)?

remmo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I thinking about getting a smartwatch, but apparently, all the existing smartwatches are compatible only with Android and/or iOS.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No smartwatch has been released (that I can find) that is FULLY compatible with Windows Phone besides the "smartband" MS band.....

Yea, out of all the cool models out there not ONE fully works with Windows Phone....

Microsoft better get their sh*t together on this one....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No smartwatch has been released (that I can find) that is FULLY compatible with Windows Phone besides the "smartband" MS band.....

Yea, out of all the cool models out there not ONE fully works with Windows Phone....

That's the tragedy of their poor distribution, its the logical choice for WP users but you can't get your hands on one. Mismanagement, again.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Absolutely true. Fitbit Surge is supported, but only for syncing. No notifications or phone control included (possibly in a future update). The Band is the only one I've been able to find right now, and its discouraging. Not that the Band is discouraging, I like it a lot. I'd just like to see more devices out there supporting windows phone.

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely true. Fitbit Surge is supported, but only for syncing. No notifications or phone control included (possibly in a future update). The Band is the only one I've been able to find right now, and its discouraging. Not that the Band is discouraging, I like it a lot. I'd just like to see more devices out there supporting windows phone.

I find the statement interesting because I feel that once Apple rolls out their own exclusive stuff, people start swarming for it, giving other companies a run for their money and possibly becoming obsolete.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Just as the Band is not FULLY compatible with Android I.e.no Google Now and the Apple Watch won't be with Android or Windows.

Notice a pattern there?

Things like the Band and Fitbits are most compatible with all phones. Suggest you look no further than the Band.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just as the Band is not FULLY compatible with Android I.e.no Google Now and the Apple Watch won't be with Android or Windows.

Notice a pattern there?

Things like the Band and Fitbits are most compatible with all phones. Suggest you look no further than the Band.

The band is a fitness device, not a watch. I can care less about a fitness "look" of the band and have no interest in it. What I want is a watch that, well, looks like a watch, not something that has a little brick with a watch band or a fitness device.

Windows Phone is a major disappointment on this aspect, Even a Android watch that could work with WP with notifications or something would do but, of course, nothing really that looks remotely good.

I even had a Pebble at one point, to play with it because I could use a smartwatch, even a few 3rd party apps allowed you to do some things but, the basic things, it would not let you do. Yea, all I ended up using it for was a watch with some cool faces on it...I ended up selling it (made about $15 on it so, I'm good)...

Personally, I could care less about the Band's support for iOS or Android, yea, No google now but, on WP you get cortana, good, Microsoft should support their OS more than other devices....

Smartwatches are starting to look better (now that we are on the 3rd gen for models), longer battery life and a lot of style aspects not just fitting everything in a box for your wrist but, nothing for WP....

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I find the statement interesting because I feel that once Apple rolls out their own exclusive stuff, people start swarming for it, giving other companies a run for their money and possibly becoming obsolete.

The iWatch is certainly an interesting device, but at the rumored $350-400 USD price I don't see people swarming for it. But then again since hipsters don't spend their money on clothes, they may have the cash to throw down on it :p

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Wellograph with my Icon w/ DP and it works as stated. Much more comfortable than the band (especially with the 20mm silicone band I bought for it) and the battery life is great at 4+ days. It also looks better than the band.

I miss the notifications and weather tile from the Band. And the custom background courtesy of Pimp my Band app...

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I switched from my Lumia 925 as my daily phone to an iPhone 5s, just to get compatibility with my Pebble Steel. I sure would like to switch back some day.

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
@cz0h3d There is a Pebble App available now. I have it on my L1520 and I get FULL notifications on my pebble. Check the other threads here.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
What's the difference between a smart watch and s fitness tracker anyway? Is it just styling?

I guess it's up for debate, but to me, a fitness tracker only ... tracks fitness related stuff. While a smart watch gives you phone related stuff like your email, texts, calls and notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium