Let Pebble know there are many Windows Phone users that want a Pebble app.

jamvng

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Although it doesn't seem like Pebble wants to support Windows Phone, we can at least still show them the demand for it. And how passionate and active the Windows Phone community is.

Let them know on Twitter, @Pebble @PebbleHelp.
Support@getpebble.com

Imo Pebble on Windows Phone would be compelling. It is the one smartwatch with 7day battery.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Pebble didn't can WP because of Market Share or because they didn't think they'd have enough WP customers. The CEO canned it because he personally does not like Microsoft. If you ask me, there was probably a kickback/payoff involved from a competitor. Take your pick. Or, if you check, you may find he is already heavily invested in the market with one or both competitors.

CEOs that behave selfishly in a way that is counterproductive to making the company more profitable should be fired. However, I don't believe the company is publicly traded, which means the company will probably end up in the toilet before he gets fired. That's okay, too. If Microsoft wants Pebble, they can let this man run it into the ground and buy it on sale, cheap.

winphonelover2015

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Some one mannaged to install the app to the phone, and it is working.

look at the pebble forum under "windows 8" (page 18). there is images.

I really hope microsoft will stop waiting for pebble aprroval and make it public, like they did with facebook.

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I would buy a Band instant if it'd be available in my country. But sadly the offers on ebay are way more expensive, also I don't want to always switch the store to the US to buy apps or something else for the Band. That's not worth it for me.
Besides I bought a Pebble on ebay one year ago for 1/3 the price of a Band and it's working well. Just need to get that app working, going to test the solutions later at home. There are some guys reported which got the app to work.

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You need this Tool: http://solutions.devx.com/msdn/articles/46705_fig1.png
You get it from the WP 8.1 SDK or Visual Studio Express (I got it vom Visual Studio Express)

And you need the app from the store. Also your phone must be DEV unlocked (you can do that with Visual Studio as well)

Try to deploy the app to your phone when you got everything. The Tool will say it is not possible because of the packaging. IGNORE and push the button QUICK and often. It will work.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
From the FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter page:

▻ Will there be Blackberry or Windows Mobile support?

Pebble currently offers official support for iOS and Android. We have provided assistance in the past to the third-party developers creating apps for Blackberry and Windows Phone.

Last updated: Fri, Feb 27 2015 10:53 AM MST

I guess Microsoft doesn't count as a third party then...:eck:

Lloyyd

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the XAP to install ? If this really works with all notifications and I can find the XAP to install, I'll go pick up a old Pebble to try it with (Had one before but sold it after about 2-3 months due to the lack of support).

I just posted a how to right above your post, check it up. If you have any questions just ask and I will help everybody to get it to run on your WP. It is really possible, I am using my Pebble since one week now and it is so satisfying to run it again!

Yasser Aboobakar

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I just posted a how to right above your post, check it up. If you have any questions just ask and I will help everybody to get it to run on your WP. It is really possible, I am using my Pebble since one week now and it is so satisfying to run it again!

Any bugs or issues?does it work with third party apps like whatsapp?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3