Razer: Nabu vs Nabu X

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering, as I'm contemplating getting hold of a Razer smart band to complement my Microsoft Band (for the social aspect really, the Band handles the heavy duty fitness tracking and heart rate monitoring) what the differences are between the Nabu/Nabu X, and how well are they supported on Windows Phone?

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm just wondering, as I'm contemplating getting hold of a Razer smart band to complement my Microsoft Band (for the social aspect really, the Band handles the heavy duty fitness tracking and heart rate monitoring) what the differences are between the Nabu/Nabu X, and how well are they supported on Windows Phone?
I'm not sure on the Windows Phone compatibility part, Razer's web site lists only iPhone and Android compatibility.

As for the difference tho, the original Razer Nabu has a small screen at the top of the device. I'm not sure if Razer had abandoned this device or not tho, as there doesn't seem to be much news about it any more and a very limited supply of devices (that usually go for a premium on eBay).

7fe4141ae531c7a0bfe5abe3eae1a32b.jpg

The Nabu X does *NOT* have this screen on top, but instead has three LEDs (RGB) in it's place...

36ced0300d30f87b6220820c7345b179.jpg

At this point tho, unless there is a creative work around I don't know of, I don't see "official" Razer support for Windows Phone just yet.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a NabuX and it syncs with Bluetooth. But that's all it does.
The NabuX fitness app doesn't even see the device, and the Utility app just lets you name the band and set your height/weight. No functionality in terms of vibrating/lighting up when you receive messages or calls. REALLY disappointing.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a NabuX and it syncs with Bluetooth. But that's all it does.
The NabuX fitness app doesn't even see the device, and the Utility app just lets you name the band and set your height/weight. No functionality in terms of vibrating/lighting up when you receive messages or calls. REALLY disappointing.

So that shake hands/high five to share contact data feature doesn't work at all on WP then? If so then it's a non starter for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire