Hot SmartWatch

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone here familiar with the Hot SmartWatch brand? Hot Smartwatch | Bluetooth Watch | Hot Watch If so does their Windows Phone app live up to it's promises when comes to making calls, receiving texts and e-mails?
I have a HOT Watch "Edge" model as I was a Kickstarter backer of theirs. I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed in the watch's capabilities on my Android phone (Nexus 6). I have yet to try it on my Windows Phone, but I'll try to make it a point to play with it this weekend and post back here for you!

The main issue this watch / company / project seems to have (IMO) is the software. The watch itself may not a "fashion masterpiece" or anything, but many would live with that if it simply worked. Hopefully, they have been working on this element.

Sit tight... I'll post back when I can. :)

Some more info on the HOT Watch can be found on sister site, Connectedly, HERE.

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a HOT Watch "Edge" model as I was a Kickstarter backer of theirs. I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed in the watch's capabilities on my Android phone (Nexus 6). I have yet to try it on my Windows Phone, but I'll try to make it a point to play with it this weekend and post back here for you!

The main issue this watch / company / project seems to have (IMO) is the software. The watch itself may not a "fashion masterpiece" or anything, but many would live with that if it simply worked. Hopefully, they have been working on this element.

Sit tight... I'll post back when I can. :)

Some more info on the HOT Watch can be found on sister site, Connectedly, HERE.

I await your update and thanks for the link for I know nothing about this product.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I await your update and thanks for the link for I know nothing about this product.
No worries... The basic overview, if your unaware, is that HOT Watch's parent company (PHTL) raised around $616,000 on crowdfunding site, Kickstarter. They used these funds (as well as other monies, I imagine) to bring to life the HOT Watch models you see today on their web site. If your really interested, the Kickstarter page for the HOT Watch is still available and can be found at:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ch-complete-smart-watch-w-revolutionary-pri-0

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I have good and bad news (for me at least)... I tried syncing up my HOT Watch Edge to my Windows phone, a Nokia Lumia 635 running Cyan (WP 8.1).

The good news is that the HOT Watch does indeed connect to the Lumia via Bluetooth and the HOT Watch app available for download in the Microsoft app store. You can cycle through some menus, change the watch face and adjust some of the watch's settings from inside the windows phone app. See pics below:

dbe445a265f53d2e39f2ff51fdeb8e3e.jpg

a05bfc2cc2700142f3a784b3a182156b.jpg

9a45ac57d9f16dce2291bacf7916ceb9.jpg

I was even able to update the HOT watch's firmware from the Lumia...

9e3ed1f3bf1aac38f0c1aaeb4d219bcb.jpg

Sadly, this is about as far as I can go because the HOT Watch app REQUIRES Windows phone 8.1 update 1 in order to do much else. In other words, unless you have WP 8.1 update 1 or greater you will NOT be able to get notifications for emails, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, Cortana, etc. on the HOT Watch itself.

c5ca4e936897e9ad07b3c0f0e176443a.jpg

Due to this, I really wasn't able to test much :( . The HOT Watch app did crash quite a few times on me, but re-launching the app always seemed to work. The app did sync with the watch and you can see watch faces update instantly after changing them on the phone. Without having a newer version of Windows phone, all I can say is that the HOT seems to have potential, but it appears there is still much work to be done!

If you don't have WP 8.1 update 1 or better, then forget about it for now. If you can meet this requirement though, I'd try to hunt down some more info BEFORE putting down my hard-earned cash on this one.

Best of luck!

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Great update. Fortunately I am running Denim on my 1520 so I may give the Hot Watch a try. As of now you have by far been the best source of info when it comes to the Hot Watch. I've scoured the web, Readit, etc and there is not really much info on this product outside of your post on Connectedly.

Last edited:

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Great update. Fortunately I am running Denim on my 1520 so I may give the Hot Watch a try. As of now you have by far been the best source of info when it comes to the Hot Watch. I've scoured the web, Readit, etc and there is not really much info on this product outside of your post on Connectedly.
Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. HOT watch does have an official forum HERE. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity over there :( .

Of particular note tho, one guy posted up there saying that he had relatively decent success connecting his HOT watch to Windows phone, check out the post here: http://hotsmartwatch.forumflash.com...ial-thoughts-on-hot-watch-with-windows-phone/

If a notifications / companion smartwatch on Windows phone is what your truly after, I'd also look into the efforts some people have put into getting the Pebble smartwatch to work on Windows phone. Just a option as I believe the Pebble is much cheaper.

Last edited:

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
No need for an apology you have been more than helpful when it comes to this product. Thank you very much.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Considering AGENT is basically a no show and this appears to work as described I think I'll see if I can grab one, as I originally wanted a regular smart watch, but since the MS band came out first I got that instead.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Considering AGENT is basically a no show and this appears to work as described I think I'll see if I can grab one, as I originally wanted a regular smart watch, but since the MS band came out first I got that instead.
Sadly, I was involved in the Agent smartwatch project as well (as a Kickstarter backer). While I wish that project / team the best, I don't see any signs of it coming to market in the near future.

I will say that the HOT seems to offer some added functionality with the speaker / microphone directly on the watch (if those functions work on Windows phone, that is). See my link above to a review of the HOT Watch working on an Android phone and, well, not doing as well as other smartwatch options available on that platform.

If the speaker / microphone aren't a must for you and you don't mind tinkering a bit to get it to work, I would suggest the Pebble smartwatch as well.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I was involved in the Agent smartwatch project as well (as a Kickstarter backer). While I wish that project / team the best, I don't see any signs of it coming to market in the near future.

I will say that the HOT seems to offer some added functionality with the speaker / microphone directly on the watch (if those functions work on Windows phone, that is). See my link above to a review of the HOT Watch working on an Android phone and, well, not doing as well as other smartwatch options available on that platform.

If the speaker / microphone aren't a must for you and you don't mind tinkering a bit to get it to work, I would suggest the Pebble smartwatch as well.

I don't know if you've been following the comments on the AGENT kickstarter but the creator of that project does not deserve the best.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you've been following the comments on the AGENT kickstarter but the creator of that project does not deserve the best.
True enough, however I try to stay positive on these things. I have had crowdfunding projects go sour on me before and ones that I thought would amount to nothing being three years late actually surprise me. I agree that a great deal of shadiness, finger pointing, and bad blood has occurred during the Agent project and I don't condone it. Also, you are correct... I stopped following the updates closely a while back. None the less, I may just be a hopeless optimist, but I would like to think there is at least some slim chance they can complete the project and deliver "something" to their backers.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have found a lot of post on different forums regarding to this smart watch. I never use this smart watch but as far I know it is a good smart watch. But I don't like the look of this smart watch.
If your referring to the HOT Watch, there are some limited benefits if your using Windows Phone (mainly because they're so few smartwatch options for WP). Sadly, this watch seems to be "withering on the vine" so to speak.

I hope PHTL can make some improvements, but I wouldn't actually recommend the HOT Watch to anyone at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750