Pebble Steel

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello

Is the pebble steel still worth a buy, I use windows phone but will be switching probably to iphone at the end of the year i'm after a smartwatch and this one is the only one really that will work with wp is this still worth buying have seen online for ?150 is that a good deal?

Thanks
Martin

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello

Is the pebble steel still worth a buy, I use windows phone but will be switching probably to iphone at the end of the year i'm after a smartwatch and this one is the only one really that will work with wp is this still worth buying have seen online for ?150 is that a good deal?

Thanks
Martin

This can be closed

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You said closed, but I'll suggest that you skip the Pebble. I had it-sold it. Better to just get a Band to use now and continue using it if you're on iPhone.

Why ? I use a Pebble Steel and with sideloading the Pebble Notifications app, it shows all notifications and even shows Cortana messages...I even get MLB messages on my watch when there is a score change on the Red Sox game (yea, they suck this year, I know) It works flawlessly under Windows Phone 8.1 (had some issues on W10M 10166)

Just because it does not have native support from Pebble, does not mean it does not work right and a LOT of people don't want a fitness band, they want a watch.

It does not work with the Pebble Time at this point...

Trust me I know, I have it and have been living with it for months now...and it works awesome (7 day battery life ? Let's see if the Band can do that)

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why ? I use a Pebble Steel and with sideloading the Pebble Notifications app, it shows all notifications and even shows Cortana messages...I even get MLB messages on my watch when there is a score change on the Red Sox game (yea, they suck this year, I know) It works flawlessly under Windows Phone 8.1 (had some issues on W10M 10166)

Just because it does not have native support from Pebble, does not mean it does not work right and a LOT of people don't want a fitness band, they want a watch.

It does not work with the Pebble Time at this point...

Trust me I know, I have it and have been living with it for months now...and it works awesome (7 day battery life ? Let's see if the Band can do that)

I suppose I didn't look into the sideloading enough. Looks like it works pretty well. It was decent as a watch, although a bit thick. That charger magnet is fiddly sometimes - I saw it spark when it didn't engage and brushed against the watch body. I have the Band display the time continuously and get about 1.5 day of use, but I get a full charge it when I take a shower. Wish Pebble went ahead with the app that MS helped build for them - I might've kept it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Wish Pebble went ahead with the app that MS helped build for them - I might've kept it.

Although I think it works awesome, I too wish we could get official support (and I have been slamming pebble about it). As a fairly cheap option in the smartwatch field (the standard pebble could be had for $100),it should not be blacked out from people as it does work and our options for a good smartwatch are VERY limited on Windows Phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth getting a pebble time now and skipping the steel

As of right now, The Pebble TIME does NOT work with Windows Phone, there are some apps that can do minor things with it but, to do the full thing like the Pebble can with the Pebble Notifications app, no.

So, If you want a Pebble that works with Windows Phone, RIGHT NOW, you need to stick with a standard Pebble or Pebble Steel.

I want a time but, it wont work and Pebble's official stance is still "No support and no plans".

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks pebble time pro works with pebble time have spoken to the dev and he wants to add pebble timeline in the future but you can still add clock faces etc with the app, its a work around for now

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks pebble time pro works with pebble time have spoken to the dev and he wants to add pebble timeline in the future but you can still add clock faces etc with the app, its a work around for now

Although it connects to it and does a few things, it does not do full notifications at this point. If your buying it to expect to get texts, email, Cortana, and other notifications from apps, at this point you will be disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett