A New push on facebook to move Microsoft, Smart Watch for Windows!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
A new page open that needs likes, share with a Windows Fan, people saying hello, telling Microsoft to get it's bottom in gear and get us a Smart Watch.

If you have any interest at all, hit like, post a picture, make a doodle on your Surface, post from your Windows Phone......anything so they can see people want a Smart Watch !!!

Let Moonraker Live

I hope many from here will at least support the cause !!!!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have to say it is almost like a slap in the face to be a Windows Phone fan these days. I don't know if they even realize just how much insult they give back to people who have been with the Platform/Ecosystem for many years !!!

It really is a dysfunctional relationship we have with Microsoft Windows Phone!! We tell them we love them and they run off and romance Apple/Android users with everything under the sun.......

We ask Microsoft for a Smart Watch....they give us The Band ( don't get me wrong, it's a good Fitness Tracker, but a Smart Watch it is not), and hope we will just sit quiet and be happy..........

As they work hard on Smart Watch Apps for Apple Watch and Android Wear. Microsoft could have a Smart Watch on the Market already.....as they axed Moonraker, rather then put it along side The Band.

So they could do things like this.......
OneNote.jpg
Translate.jpg

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have heard about some Android wear are working on IOS. What about windows phone. Is there any android wear which is working on Windows?

That I know of, there are no plans to add support for Android Wear to Windows Phone. As Android Wear is made by Google, the same people who have blocked an official YouTube on Windows Phone. In order for there to be real support, Google would need to have the API's for Windows Phone messaging/Alerts to add in to the next version of Wear. I don't see Google asking Microsoft for the API files in truth.

As Apple Watch jumped well over Android Wear in terms of sales, it is in Androids interest to add Apple Watch support.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That I know of, there are no plans to add support for Android Wear to Windows Phone. As Android Wear is made by Google, the same people who have blocked an official YouTube on Windows Phone. In order for there to be real support, Google would need to have the API's for Windows Phone messaging/Alerts to add in to the next version of Wear. I don't see Google asking Microsoft for the API files in truth.

As Apple Watch jumped well over Android Wear in terms of sales, it is in Androids interest to add Apple Watch support.

I don't know where you get your information from, but as far as I know, apple watch is a flop as far as sales go. I am willing to bet that google watches sell ten times the number of the crapple watch.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where you get your information from, but as far as I know, apple watch is a flop as far as sales go. I am willing to bet that google watches sell ten times the number of the crapple watch.

A few simple searches turn up different numbers, however for the most part all news items place Apple Watch with the Lion share of the market.

Apple Watch is on Track to Capture 68 Percent of Smart Watch Market Share by the End of 2015, According to Tractica - MarketWatch

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is so. The crapple watch is a sales flop and apple knows it. There are many more android variants in the wild, as well as pebble type watches.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that is so. The crapple watch is a sales flop and apple knows it. There are many more android variants in the wild, as well as pebble type watches.

It's hard to say that, As you have a TON of apple fanboys, who will buy ANYTHING with an apple logo on it and that is a good 25-40% of their users (no matter how much you tell one of these people how great WP is, they could care less).

Then taking Apple out of the thought here, talking just about the "iWatch", it is a pretty cool device, has nice options, reasonable battery life compared to Android wear models(from what I read) . Then go into features and apps, with a really nice, almost mind blowing display on a wrist watch and so, yea, it's a pretty cool device. And people that know me, know I am not much of an Apple fan.

I use a Pebble watch every day and have been for almost 6 months now, on my 2nd pebble, so I know the smartwatch thing and think of what I would like it to do, the Pebble's limits and the balance between features and battery life (Pebble lasts about 6-7 days on a single charge).

I might say they MIGHT get close to the 68% of iPhone users (5 and 6 models) but, 68% of the smart watch market, they must be smoking something. As we say in these forums, give proof or it didn't happen. Now if the iwatch could be used cross platform....maybe...

I do hope this week that Microsoft does release something on a Smartwatch, something that is more geared towards WP (Cortana, notifications, etc) with EXCLUSIVE WP features that can not be gotten on other models.

Till then, I will live with a Pebble that gives me long battery life and to me, that is in the top 3 things of what I want in smartwatch...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte