Save up to 70% on yourelectronics warranty with Upsie
    Found a place selling for $149.99.

Seems interesting, but I'd like to know if it works well with Windows Phone before I plunk down any cash. Google was surprisingly unhelpful. Tried calling our local Microsoft Store, but there's this indestructible wall of automated bullcrap stopping me from speaking to a damn person.

Anyone tried out this particular guy with Windows Phone?
    09-04-2015 09:00 PM
    QUICK ANSWER: no.
    I've been using the watch for a few months and really enjoy it. Unfortunately there is no Windows support that I am aware of. I'm about to upgrade phones so I was looking into this again. If you go to Garmin's VivoActive webpage and drill down to phone support it says "Garmin Connect Mobile is not compatible with Windows OS phones." I hope this will change soon because I was going to get my wife one of these watches so she stops borrowing mine. If they don't support Windows soon I will be looking elsewhere.
    Penguwin likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:46 AM
    Garmin official app is out. A lot of garmin watches are compatible now.

Enviado desde mTalk
    12-16-2015 11:42 AM
    Just bought one from best buy today, worked ok, Bluetooth connect up and down occasionally, but that was issue for this watch on other platform too,
    Another issue is third party app for this watch though can be installed through the Garmin app on W10M, it might not really work, hopefully will compatible in the future.
    So since I already have an band 2, it will be hard for me to choose which one. I am listing my experience compared to Band 2
    PRO: water proof(Swimming etch) long battery (up to 3 weeks) light and slim, one size fits all, real watch looking, wider Dev apps and watch face availability
    CON: Less sensor (only GPS ), very buggy and slow response, Bluetooth connection issue(will improve after an factory restore, but still unstable , and this is an issue even for android version too) only notification for missed call, text and emails , and you can't reply text or missed call, no Cortana or voice interaction
    Penguwin likes this.
    12-19-2015 01:05 AM
    I'm using the vvoactive with my Nokia Lumia 1520. Ever since the update to build .107 I have found that when I sync the vvoactive to my phone using the Garmin Connect Mobile app, the Bluetooth connection to the watch is momentarily broken. This wouldn't normally be a problem but the effect is that it clears the notifications off the watch, which didn't happen before.

Has anybody else seen this behaviour? Is there any way to stop this happening?

God bless

Andrew
    02-12-2016 06:36 PM
    Andrew, i think that issue is in the system itselfs. I have the same here sometimes. But after garmin connect upd app issue is not offten like before. Sorry 4 my english ;) greetings from Poland
    02-19-2016 01:48 AM
    So, Garmin does work fully functioning as a smartwatch, notifications etc?
    02-24-2016 03:53 AM
    yes:) i use vivoactive
    u can set any notifications

Last edited by Robert Jurczyk; 03-02-2016 at 07:57 AM.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    03-02-2016 04:08 AM
    Thanks Robert.
    04-12-2016 05:10 PM
    One week on normal use as a smartwatch and about 7-8hrs on gps tracking mode. When u use activity mode u can also charging vivoactive from external source like battery pack ☺ I think is a very good feature. Recharging without stopping activity. Greetings from Poland 😊

Lumia1520
    04-15-2016 01:17 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether there is a notification on the Garmin device at the moment when theres an incoming call, or is there only a notification after missing the call? And can an incoming call be rejected on the Garmin device (or do I have to take the Smartphone and reject the call there?).
    07-11-2016 09:10 AM
    Ok, I can answer my own question now, partially at least: Incoming calls are shown, but only with a short vibration you might easily miss.

The bad thing is, notifications dont work with the Anniversary Update. From time to time a notification comes though to the Garmin device, but most of the times not. So I returned my Vivosmart after only four days. Now Im waiting for better times, that means: an update of either the Garmin App or Windows 10 Mobile. I guess the problem is on W10M-side, so I might have to wait for a long time, since the problem seems so be known for more than a month from Insider builds already ... But Microsoft doesnt seem to bother, since the problems are still there with the official update, too.
    08-25-2016 04:44 AM
    So im confused. Does the notification (sms, calls, mail) work at the moment for garmin vivoactive? Im thinking to buy this watch. Im on the slow ring.
    08-31-2016 09:21 AM
    Notifications work sporadically on Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Edition. Most of the time it does not work. Sometime I receive notification of an incoming call or misssed call. My whatsapp messages and emails sometimes are shown.

It also always fails to sync with my 950. Fortunately I use the cable to sync with my Windows PC. I have Garmin Vivoactive HR.

I can tolerate this problem because I use mainly to track my run.
    08-31-2016 09:31 PM