How well is the Pebble supported?

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry there's a couple things I'm not entirely clear on after researching all this:

What is the recommended app to use with Pebble/Pebble Time?
Is it possible to receive notifications for calls, text, emails?
Is it possible to view upcoming calendar events without having to set up alarms for each event?
Thanks.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
What OS/Device combination? There have been some great articles put out by windowscentral.com on how Pebble works with Windows and Windows phone... but I'm not sure if that pre-dates Win10 release.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1, BLU WIN HD LTE, Pebble Steel.

Does Pebble Watch Pro support timeline calendar information? Or can it be run in conjunction with Pebble Time Connect?

Last edited:

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought it yet. I'm going to wait for Windows 10 Mobile, as it seems that the Pebble Watch Pro developer will have Calls, SMS, background running, and timeline support then. I nearly bought one, but I was about to settle for a 1rst gen.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Any other devices that fit your use case scenarios (what you want to do with it)?
I have the Microsoft Band and it's pretty integrated and has the calendar, text messaging, email, etc.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Any other devices that fit your use case scenarios (what you want to do with it)?
I have the Microsoft Band and it's pretty integrated and has the calendar, text messaging, email, etc.

My use case scenario is something that reliably alerts me to incoming calls in a very noticeable way (works in louder environments, but is or can be easily set to be unobtrusive in quiet environments). It doesn't really have to have any advanced features, but I do not want to to spend a lot more for something that does less. Being able to view caller id, texts, emails, and my calendar schedule (without having to set alerts for everything) would be a nice bonus that I would pay for, but I'm not interested in any fitness characteristics (However I will accept a cheap fitness-centric solution if it has secondary functions that cover my use case).

That's pretty much the use case. There are some other things, but they border on picky so they're not as important. I'm taking a Machinist Technician program which has a lot of work requiring us to remove any watches, jewelry, or other snag hazards. But I always wear a watch anyways And just take it off when needed. I don't carry keys that much so a keychain-type solution won't work at all.

Honestly? The best solution would've been for me to get a phone with a decent speaker and strong vibration at the start. But now I'm waiting to see what happens with the Lumina 950 and other Continuum phones, so I won't change phones until then.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The older Pebbles work with Windows Phone with the Pebble Notifications app... that is in the store...(need to unlock your phone and SIDE load the app, no official channel to get it). It works better with 8.1 than 10 but, still works really good under 10.

The Pebble TIME (the newer color one) DOES NOT work with Windows Phone fully. Expect some limitations with the apps in the marketplace right now. Till someone gets full access to all notifications on Windows Phone, there will not be full access besides the Microsoft (Pebble Notifications) app and this is only on the Older(Orginal or Pebble Steel)

Look through the other threads here on how to set it up...

I have had a 301BL for about 3-4 months, then I upgraded to a Pebble Steel, using only with WIndows Phone... So a total of about 6-8 months now with a Pebble and Windows Phone...Trust me, it works and works good...

and compared to everything else....about a week battery life...Nothing else can touch it..

To all your questions....YES...I have been getting calls, texts, emails, calendar, reminders all showing up on my Pebble watch.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
alright, thanks. I think I'll pick up a Steel. I can't seem to download the application though, the links to the download have been redirected to the US store where it won't let me download.

And can I run Pebble Connect Pro with this?

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
alright, thanks. I think I'll pick up a Steel. I can't seem to download the application though, the links to the download have been redirected to the US store where it won't let me download.

And can I run Pebble Connect Pro with this?

You will need to use the Pebble Notifications app as your PRIMARY app (allow it to run in the background), it is a little quirky but, once it's setup it works fine.

After it's setup, install any other Pebble app you want, they will work with it, I personally use a few apps on my phone, Pebble Notifications to make it work and other apps to update it and get new watch faces(the Microsoft app JUST DOES notifications, nothing else).

Most of the apps Weather, etc are hit or miss, some work, others do not. Something to keep in mind, this setup with Microsoft's app, was not an official way to do it..

I used a Android device for a week... I wish we could get an official app but, that is never going to happen.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/android/385134-my-one-week-android-project.html

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's one of the reasons why I didn't get the PT, even though I can get one at Kijiji for almost what I paid.

Do I have to leave the Notifications app running in the background or can I close it completely (by pressing and holding the back button and quitting it there)? I seem to not get notifications as fast if it's closed. I do have it set to run in background in Battery Saver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa