Calls and Messages with smartwatch - under 100$

Andrei C

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am currently interested into a smartwatch that allows me to play music, answer calls and receive/send text messages (from the watch). My phone is a Lumia 1520 and I would like the watch to be compatible with this. Is there any watch that can do what I am looking for? (messages(SMS)/calls/music)?
My price rande is about 50$ to 60. Any watch under 100$ might be an option.

Andrei C

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
If it works properly with messages & replaying to them + calls and answering them, I would go above 50 but under 75-100 I hope. Any chance?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If it works properly with messages & replaying to them + calls and answering them, I would go above 50 but under 75-100 I hope. Any chance?

Chance ? Not very likely, if not a clear no.

The band 1 and 2, yes, you can reply to text messages. Getting a used band 1 on ebay or something for $40-65 is not unheard of (might have to try to Snipe a few auctions tho). You can call Cortana on the Band by holding a button, and send a text via voice (built in Microphone), it also has a on-screen keyboard that people say works pretty well. No speaker for calls.

I know of NO smartwatch that works with Windows Phone that has a speaker AND a microphone for phone calls, Never mind finding a full featured Smartwatch for $50-60, is a fantasy. You really are dreaming at that price point, better EXPECT to get a used one and in USED shape for that kind of money.

I am one who hates spending money if possible and I have looked at this angle, getting a smartwatch. Your going to have to give up something there, getting calls (using as a speaker phone) is not as common for some reason, If you want the newest and greatest, your going to have to pony up a lot more cash.

I wish you luck on your quest, My suggestion, give up on getting calls (or playing music on the watch) and get yourself a used Band 1 for cheap. If you want to "CONTROL" music (headphones from your phone and control the music from your watch), you need to upgrade to the Band 2, that is going to set you back $200-250...

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Pebble or pebble steel both worked great with the canceled official app, which you can sideload easily, but even they are on sale they are still overpriced to my opinion.
Garmin band or watches all worked with its official app now, some of them were on sale for under US$100 or CAD$149.
those two are the one I tried myself and can make sure works, there might be other ones like mykronoz, but i don't know how well they works.
And for the price tag, it will be hard to find any smartwatch with "call" thru the watch for any phone, but those one I listed do tells you there is a call notification, but you can answer the phone. So far only some of the Mykronoz watch/band support that for instance http://www.mykronoz.com/collections/zewatch3/, which is really odd to actually answer a phone call thru your watch to my opinion.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pebble or pebble steel both worked great with the canceled official app, which you can sideload easily, but even they are on sale they are still overpriced to my opinion.
Garmin band or watches all worked with its official app now, some of them were on sale for under US$100 or CAD$149.
those two are the one I tried myself and can make sure works, there might be other ones like mykronoz, but i don't know how well they works.

Although the Pebble is a great option, you can pick the original one for $50-100 (used-new), it does not meet what he was requesting. The Pebble is a great notification device(with the sideloaded app) but, if your looking to reply to texts via the watch, I think that limits down to the band 1/2...FOR WINDOW PHONE.

The other options you speak of go out of his price range... and I think is a little too low for what he is asking for... He's asking for $50 but, MIGHT go up to $75-100 if it does everything he wants..

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Although the Pebble is a great option, you can pick the original one for $50-100 (used-new), it does not meet what he was requesting. The Pebble is a great notification device(with the sideloaded app) but, if your looking to reply to texts via the watch, I think that limits down to the band 1/2...FOR WINDOW PHONE.

The other options you speak of go out of his price range... and I think is a little too low for what he is asking for... He's asking for $50 but, MIGHT go up to $75-100 if it does everything he wants..

His post is not really too clear what he meant for calls and music to me. Does he need to making calls directly thru the watch so with the musics, or just simply a controlling on the watch.
But if he really want to call direct to the watch, then the only one I could think of is Mykronoz, staples sells them for under $100, but not all mykronoz work with WP so go their website to make sure or just search the app and see which of mykronoz watch workers with WP.
But again, I never try this brand myself, so I don't know the quality of their products, but then again for under $100, who cares quality, just change it when it breaks.

Andrei C

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I know about the vector (but this is way overrated if you ask me). Pebble sounds good, but yes, I am interested mainly in getting a notification on my watch when I receive a new text message and be able to answer the message (reply) from the watch (connected to the phone, of course).

Andrei C

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
To sum up what I am looking for (the price range is just to get a watch at an acceptable price and medium-good quality), I want a watch that can allow me to receive a notification when I get a new text message (SMS) on my phone, read the message (on my smartwatch) and answer the message (again, from the smartwatch), receive missed calls, make calls from the watch if needed, and of course, use it as a watch.

Andrei C

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I've seen some "chinese versions" that claim to work.
Smart Bluetooth Watch CSR Chip Dual Mic Multifunctions for iOS Android Windows | eBay
This one (from what the seller told me) supports even the SMS notifications and reply, which is quite amazing, since the SMS notifications and reply is the most difficult part on a smartwatch that supports WP.

RWATCH M26s Bluetooth 4.0 Smart Watch Bracelet Sleep Tracking Message-28.89 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
Another smartwatch that claims to work properly (except for the SMS and some notifications if I am right)

iradish Y6 Smart Watch Phone-29.74 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
About this one I am not sure, didn't manage to get in touch with the seller, but there are good and bad reviews so I am not sure what to say unless someone actually used it.

This one is French:
Smartwatch Montre Connecte Simax S1 Bluetooth Android Windows Montre Connectee | eBay
Talked to the seller and he ensured me that everything works with WP 8.1, except for the sms notification and reply.

I listed a couple that seemed interesting to me. The French one seems way more reliable, it is also a brand, not a Chinese version and has camera as well, but the main disadvantage (as it is with the main WP smartwatches) is that it does not support sms/notifications. On the other hand, the "ZeWatch3" seems to fit my needs better and I asume it is a hight quality watch as well. Am I right/wrong, please advise me.

If any of you know something more about any model listed above, or has some intel that might be usefull, please tell me. I'll accept your advice. Maybe you had experiences with some of those watches or know any good reason to buy one of them (or NOT to buy it).

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
You mean that if the watch might not be of good quality, if it breaks, just change it (buy a new one)?

what I meant is for under $100 and with so many "functions", I won't expect it would be good quality. that's why I would never consider to buy those Chinese brand phone or smartwatch myself. Accessories like case /cove maybe, but never a phone or smartwatch. even though I came from that Country originally.

but again, I can't really say anything, since never own or try them myself. but the Mycronoz at least not from Chinese but French, I assume EU do have better quality system there, beside if staple sells them, then go buy from staple, and there sould be better warrenty/customer service experience.

And just search the app for each of those watch you listed, if they offer an official app, then it means it might have better compatibility and more function supports. which I know myKronoz ZeWatch do.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some "chinese versions" that claim to work.
Smart Bluetooth Watch CSR Chip Dual Mic Multifunctions for iOS Android Windows | eBay
This one (from what the seller told me) supports even the SMS notifications and reply, which is quite amazing, since the SMS notifications and reply is the most difficult part on a smartwatch that supports WP.

RWATCH M26s Bluetooth 4.0 Smart Watch Bracelet Sleep Tracking Message-28.89 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
Another smartwatch that claims to work properly (except for the SMS and some notifications if I am right)

iradish Y6 Smart Watch Phone-29.74 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
About this one I am not sure, didn't manage to get in touch with the seller, but there are good and bad reviews so I am not sure what to say unless someone actually used it.

This one is French:
Smartwatch Montre Connecte Simax S1 Bluetooth Android Windows Montre Connectee | eBay
Talked to the seller and he ensured me that everything works with WP 8.1, except for the sms notification and reply.

I listed a couple that seemed interesting to me. The French one seems way more reliable, it is also a brand, not a Chinese version and has camera as well, but the main disadvantage (as it is with the main WP smartwatches) is that it does not support sms/notifications. On the other hand, the "ZeWatch3" seems to fit my needs better and I asume it is a hight quality watch as well. Am I right/wrong, please advise me.

If any of you know something more about any model listed above, or has some intel that might be usefull, please tell me. I'll accept your advice. Maybe you had experiences with some of those watches or know any good reason to buy one of them (or NOT to buy it).

About all I can help with is the Pebble (301bl and Pebble Steel) or the Band 1 and 2... those are the models I have used.

Your looking at Chinese knock offs (the first one looks like the iWATCH). Someone in another thread said he got a RWATCH M26s and said it works but, how well, no idea.

I wonder about the support level on those smartwatches, if you need to expand it later, or change it up a little, will you be able to ? Is there 3rd party apps ? How about clock faces ?

Interesting that they all say they will work with Windows Phone but, do not clarify how much or what features they support with Windows Phone. This could be a big question, as you might get it and it might get one feature but, all the other features are Android only type things.

For $40-50, grab one, try it out, would love to hear a report of how well it worked and what features it does work with. Not sure if anyone here has tried one but, keep one thing in mind, they are cheap for a reason, when it comes to tech, YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....

Report back on what you come up with...

To sum up what I am looking for (the price range is just to get a watch at an acceptable price and medium-good quality), I want a watch that can allow me to receive a notification when I get a new text message (SMS) on my phone, read the message (on my smartwatch) and answer the message (again, from the smartwatch), receive missed calls, make calls from the watch if needed, and of course, use it as a watch.

Everything you want ACCEPT for making calls from the watch can be done with the Microsoft Band 1...It will show missed calls but, calling or replying to CALLs is a different story...

Ebay used $65 (medium) many others starting around $35-55..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...36?hash=item3d0dcdf674%3Ag%3AKawAAOSwHaBWiEOp

It's an option...

OndrejBakan

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have my Fitbit Surge now, but I am thinking about returning it, because of rash :/ I was looking for smartband / smartwatch working with WP and I have found video of "Iradish Y6", it works as Bluetooth headset and looks promising. It's great for its price, wow.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I've seen previous incarnations of these chinese watches. I myself had an interesting one years ago that would work with pretty much any phone and would give you caller ID (with contact list) and let you answer calls. Unfortunately, while the watch's construction was excellent, the charger was dirt cheap and it broke. :(

They aren't a heavy investment, and if you're interested, I see no reason you can't just go for one. Just be advised that particular iradish appears to have its own cellular modem.

rgallini

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hot Smart Watch by PHTL (hotsmartwatch.com) will do most of what you are asking. I had one for 6 months that I got on eBay for somewhere around $55. Really liked it until it stopped working. The website and Windows Phone app hasn't been updated in a while, and I'm not sure about the company stability. If they start producing some updates I think they have a good product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa