When will I get Windows Phone support for Pebble?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I own a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL and also own a Pebble Steel Smartwatch. But I feel cheated to have bought a windows phone as none of the smart watches support Windows phone operating system. What is Microsoft going to do in such a scenario?

BertugBerkay

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the same model of WP. As far as I know, you can use "Pebble Connect Beta" to get your notifications but it works only for Pebble Classic and Steel. So if you have Pebble Time like me, sorry. There is an app out here called Pebble Watch Pro but in my experience it is a very bad app.

I was hoping the Project Astoria will be useful and someone will come up with a hack for Pebble app or something but Microsoft decided to kill it.

I am so close to switch to an Android phone.

Sam Ridgwell

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
The Pebble CEO doesn't like Microsoft... that's why. Microsoft has developed an app internally to display that it works and works well. But the CEO of Pebble is being a child and is hurting it's consumers. I'll avoid the pebble from now on... don't want to purchase items from a company headed by someone so against doing something for their customers. Only hope is that google allow android wear onto the windows 10, that will knock pebble on their ***. Word has it that google will appear at the Microsoft Build conference at the end of March (2016) and announce google apps for Windows 10, which is believable considering that Microsoft and Google have dropped lawsuits against each other and are now openly working together on projects to benefit the consumer.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft did their best to convince Pebble, but it was not enough to persuade Pebble to support Windows Phone.

Bottom line is, if you want a Pebble support on your phone, it is better to move to Android, IOS, or BlackBerry 10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans