05-23-2017 06:08 PM
61 123
tools
    Is it possible to downgrade your firmware / software? Or does it all have to be controlled through Garmin express?
    01-24-2017 01:06 AM
    I'm also wondering if this is the same with Ios and Android and the crappy notifications.. Reason being that this 950 is probably my last windows phone ☹
    01-24-2017 01:09 AM
    Yakkob,

I tried searching for a bit last night on how I might be able to revert back to the previous firmware, however, it doesn't appear that it is easily done. You have to find the actual download which they don't keep on their site and rename/repackage it, then upload it to the device and install. In other words they would prefer that you not do it. As I said though, I have found that in the past they have pushed a new update out relatively quick after a poor build has been pushed. Here's hoping.
    01-24-2017 03:44 PM
    I was searching around last night, and it seems the notifications or lack there-of are not just on windows phone..
    01-24-2017 04:02 PM
    Yes, correct. Prevalent in Android as well.

I was searching around last night, and it seems the notifications or lack there-of are not just on windows phone..
    02-06-2017 12:27 AM
    Hi guys,

Recently I bought a Fenix5 and pretty much in the phase of testing it out, since last evening. One thing I am noticing, is that notifications are not working with my 950 lumia win 10 phone. Anybody else seeing this ? Any thoughts on when/ if this might get solved ? (planning to call Garmin anyway).
    05-09-2017 02:13 PM
    I just got a Vivosmart HR and it not only doesn't do notifications, it won't stay paired, either. On top of that, I couldn't even get it to pair to my mom's Nexus at all (so it's not just a Windows OS think It's a Garmin app thing). I'm glad I only spent Bing dollars on it. It's too bad because it is pretty much what I wanted because I need something I can swim with. I suppose it is okay for that.
    05-21-2017 08:10 PM
    I just got a Vivosmart HR and it not only doesn't do notifications, it won't stay paired, either. On top of that, I couldn't even get it to pair to my mom's Nexus at all (so it's not just a Windows OS think It's a Garmin app thing). I'm glad I only spent Bing dollars on it. It's too bad because it is pretty much what I wanted because I need something I can swim with. I suppose it is okay for that.
    Have you upgraded to the Creators Update? If so, that's causing issues now. Garmin is working on an update that should restore order but there's no telling when we'll see that push out.

I'm working around the inconsistencies with the Connect Mobile app by using Garmin Exchange from the PC to sync everything and get the app up to date with my activities.
    05-21-2017 09:07 PM
    Have you upgraded to the Creators Update? If so, that's causing issues now. Garmin is working on an update that should restore order but there's no telling when we'll see that push out.

I'm working around the inconsistencies with the Connect Mobile app by using Garmin Exchange from the PC to sync everything and get the app up to date with my activities.
    Yes, I did. I finally got it to connect again and it stayed connected for about 90 minutes, but no notifications. The weird part to me is that I've tried to connect it to the android phone and it never connects. Both phones recognize it, though, and my computer was able to connect to it through Bluetooth (but not pair). From reviews that I've read, I think Garmin needs to put more effort into their apps.
    05-22-2017 12:48 AM
    Just a follow-up. It has been connected all day (just knocked on my wooden head as I typed that) and is syncing. The only thing that is not working is notifications (which would be nice), but I'll take what I can get. What I did ( beside early-on uninstalling and reinstalling the app) was go into apps and did a reset. That seemed to do the trick. I'll report back if there are any changes one way or the other.
    05-22-2017 02:56 PM
    One last update. I just decide to do what you do George Ponder and connect to the PC. It saves on frustration.
    05-23-2017 06:08 PM
61 123