Garmin notifications on Windows 10 AU

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Latest update, since I mentioned this thread, she's been keeping the number of "active" BT connections to two or just the HR, and she's getting notifications pretty regularly, so it's looking brighter.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Keep us posted as to whether this might be the issue that people are having. I'm wondering if the new bluetooth changes that are incoming on the creators update will solve this type of issue.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted as to whether this might be the issue that people are having. I'm wondering if the new bluetooth changes that are incoming on the creators update will solve this type of issue.
My vivoactive hr is the only Bluetooth connection. My notifications are extremely rare. I have never had a phone call notification. I have disabled most apps including Cortana. Just have Facebook, WhatsApp, calls, texts etc
Wish they would sort it. I really need notifications..

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yakkob, which phone are you using and are you on production or one of the insider builds? Seems like some people get the notifications, some get a few and some only rarely with most of the latter coming from people with the 950 and 950XL. Having said that though, my husband has the 950 (on production) and he doesn't seem to be having any problems with his. I find with my 640XL that they are pretty consistent. I so seldom ever get phone calls (I know right....) on my phone that I can't vouch for the phone call notifications but calendar, text, and email come through reliably. I do notice that if anything falters periodically it is the texts, while e-mail and calendar almost always come in pretty much immediately.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
950 production build. Also, I have the vivoactive hr not the vivo smart. From what I've read, the smart seems to be working better than the active

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Following this thread. I am really on the fence about keeeping the vivoactive hr if I have to sync my settings with garmin express everytime. I really miss my band I relied on the notifications more than I care to admit.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I got all excited this weekend when there was a software and firmware update for my vivoactive.. Sad to report, nothing has changed 😭

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was too still have to sync sleep via cable and notifications are no go really missing my band 2 (guess I got spoiled with software but hardware kept failing)

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well just checking back in to confirm that after the v3.90 firmware update to the Vivosmart HR late last week the notifications are once again borked. They were working great on v3.80. I am also noticing that the floor count has gone absolutely crazy as well in this version.

This seems to happen every other firmware revision. Hopefully the push the next update quickly. I can say that Garmin does seem to be really good about pushing the updates for this device. When they and MS get it together at the same time it is a great device.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I should add that the notifications are not non-existent but they are now taking several minutes to come through instead of being almost immediate.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also wondering if this is the same with Ios and Android and the crappy notifications.. Reason being that this 950 is probably my last windows phone ☹

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yakkob,

I tried searching for a bit last night on how I might be able to revert back to the previous firmware, however, it doesn't appear that it is easily done. You have to find the actual download which they don't keep on their site and rename/repackage it, then upload it to the device and install. In other words they would prefer that you not do it. As I said though, I have found that in the past they have pushed a new update out relatively quick after a poor build has been pushed. Here's hoping.

halex111

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

Recently I bought a Fenix5 and pretty much in the phase of testing it out, since last evening. One thing I am noticing, is that notifications are not working with my 950 lumia win 10 phone. Anybody else seeing this ? Any thoughts on when/ if this might get solved ? (planning to call Garmin anyway).

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Vivosmart HR and it not only doesn't do notifications, it won't stay paired, either. On top of that, I couldn't even get it to pair to my mom's Nexus at all (so it's not just a Windows OS think It's a Garmin app thing). I'm glad I only spent Bing dollars on it. It's too bad because it is pretty much what I wanted because I need something I can swim with. I suppose it is okay for that.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I just got a Vivosmart HR and it not only doesn't do notifications, it won't stay paired, either. On top of that, I couldn't even get it to pair to my mom's Nexus at all (so it's not just a Windows OS think It's a Garmin app thing). I'm glad I only spent Bing dollars on it. It's too bad because it is pretty much what I wanted because I need something I can swim with. I suppose it is okay for that.

Have you upgraded to the Creators Update? If so, that's causing issues now. Garmin is working on an update that should restore order but there's no telling when we'll see that push out.

I'm working around the inconsistencies with the Connect Mobile app by using Garmin Exchange from the PC to sync everything and get the app up to date with my activities.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you upgraded to the Creators Update? If so, that's causing issues now. Garmin is working on an update that should restore order but there's no telling when we'll see that push out.

I'm working around the inconsistencies with the Connect Mobile app by using Garmin Exchange from the PC to sync everything and get the app up to date with my activities.

Yes, I did. I finally got it to connect again and it stayed connected for about 90 minutes, but no notifications. The weird part to me is that I've tried to connect it to the android phone and it never connects. Both phones recognize it, though, and my computer was able to connect to it through Bluetooth (but not pair). From reviews that I've read, I think Garmin needs to put more effort into their apps.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Just a follow-up. It has been connected all day (just knocked on my wooden head as I typed that) and is syncing. The only thing that is not working is notifications (which would be nice), but I'll take what I can get. What I did ( beside early-on uninstalling and reinstalling the app) was go into apps and did a reset. That seemed to do the trick. I'll report back if there are any changes one way or the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster