Notification smarwatch for W10mo ?

davidblouin

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

With soon demise of my fifth band 2 and possibly the whole platform, is there other smartwatch out there able to show me notification at a glance so i don't have to take my phone out ?

Are they compatible with Windows 10 Mobile ?

Barry Cooper1

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Third Band 2 and battery lasting less than a day and so on the lookout for a smartwatch for thje micrtosoft platform. The Vector resolution looks pretty poor

jjmorgan64

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched from there band to the vector and rather enjoy it, I do miss some of the functionality. But for notifications at a glance it is very nice

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I am on my fifth band 2 as well. I'm kinda in the same boat. I am probably going to get the charger 2 and Hope for future notification support.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Had a co-worker who is soooo-trying to be an MS supporter (got a Surface Pro 4 then a Surface Book, had the Band 2 and was going to drop his iPhone for a 950) but the Band 2 death was the last straw. Now he sports an iPhone 7 and an Apple Watch.

What a loss, man.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There used to be a Pebble Notifications app that needed to be side loaded. It did not work with a Pebble Time. But, it did work with a first Pebble Steel or the original pebble.

The "MICROSOFT" app was a little flakey but, did work with W10m on earlier builds by side loading an app.

It's a older B/W watch, there are plenty of faces for the watch, 7-10 day battery life, water proof to 30m and compared to the Band, notifications were far better on it.

They can be had for very cheap on ebay for a used one (new is hard to find) and they work VERY well...

I don't know if anyone here is still using one with WIndows Phone but, it could be a cheap but, good option if you don't mine playing with it to get working good.

I moved to Android because I needed to for work and I own a Pebble Time steel and by far the best smartwatch I have ever owned (and I had 6 different watches over the last year or 2)

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Have the Garmin Vivosmart HR and I get notifications on it just fine again. They were somewhat borked for a bit there after a MS update but Garmin seems to have ironed it out again. Has notifications for e-mails, texts, calendar appointments, weather, music control. Nice device and I am very happy with it. Husband was so impressed he dumped his Fitbit Charge HR and now has one of these as well.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Dang it, that's the one I got my daughter for a present, but she's got a Lumia 820 that she won't give up for its size, and it won't install the Anniversary Update which would make notifications work!? Grrr...

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Have the Garmin Vivosmart HR and I get notifications on it just fine again. They were somewhat borked for a bit there after a MS update but Garmin seems to have ironed it out again. Has notifications for e-mails, texts, calendar appointments, weather, music control. Nice device and I am very happy with it. Husband was so impressed he dumped his Fitbit Charge HR and now has one of these as well.

Do you have a Windows Phone? If so, do the notifications work "all the time", or do you need to keep the app running in order for them to sync to the Garmin?

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the 640XL. For the past couple of weeks now the notifications appear to be working all the time with little to no delay. I don't have to have the app running or even tombstoned foe them to work. Husband is sporting the 950 and he seems to be finding the same thing.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That is awesome news, thanks. Daughter's going to be real happy. I'm keeping my Band 2 with my 950 until the very end...but good thing there's a backup possible if necessary.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I should note that my 640XL is running the anniversary update. If she likes the smaller size of the 820 and you can't update it why not go with the newer 550 or 650. Personally I wouldn't go smaller than my XL now. I love this phone. Tough to beat for the price.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's the drama I just went though over the last week! She's accepted the slightly-taller 735, which I just got for $90 (unlocked for the AT&T network.) It has Qi charging which I don't think those other phones have, but is now missing Glance (if it's not one thing it's another...)

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya! No such thing as the absolutely perfect phone for everyone right. Hopefully she will be happy with the 735 and the new Garmin.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Works perfectly! Absolutely right...the Lumia 735 with Anniversary Update and latest Garmin software (not needing to be running) will sync all sorts of notifications (pretty quickly, not a lot of lag) to the Vivosmart HR band. She's got e-mails, texts, phone calls, Cortana, Skype, weather...probably too much. :cool:

Not sure why all the fuss about waiting for GATT when MS and Garmin show that it's totally possible right now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb