W10M compatible smartwatches

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
With the possibility that we might not see a band 3 what other choices do we have? Can we compile a list of smartwatches that are compatible with W10M.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thread bump... I'd be really interested in this as well.

Sadly, I don't have a Windows 10 Phone.

I'd look into the Vector watch, but really don't know what out there is WP 10 compatible.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Vector is likely the best option as far as smartwatches are concerned.
Garmin may be the best option as far as fitness bands are concerned.

I'm leaning towards the Garmin Vivosmart HR+. I like the fitness software, it's swim friendly and supports W10M notifications.
Fitbit is rumored to include support for W10M notifications later this year, but I do not believe any of their devices are waterproof.
I do like the Vector watches but want more fitness tracking related features both on the watch and in the software.

In researching alternatives to the Microsoft Band over the past few weeks, it makes you realize how good of a device the Band is.
Sure hope Microsoft doesn't give up on it.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Vector Luna and a Band 2.
I wear the Vector Luna daily. I only use the Band 2 for golf and if I ever have the time to do a fitness walk/run.

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Garmin Vivosmart HR and love the device. Was loving the spot on notifications until the recent update from Garmin and the AU on my 604XL - they are now wonky, sometimes working sometimes not. Hoping that issue will be fixed with the next update and it will be back to a great combination again.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So there's really nothing that works with the MS Band app??
Do any of the other watches have both a running and a separate hiking function?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So there's really nothing that works with the MS Band app??
Do any of the other watches have both a running and a separate hiking function?

I think you'll have better luck with the Garmin line for that. Don't know why they don't sell Garmin watches at MS Store when it supports notifications, yet they sell FitBit even though notifications doesn't work on WM10 yet.

Hot Dawg

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
After our bands dies I bought a Garmin Fenix 5 synced with W10M (him), and a 5s with W10M insider fast ring (me).

They don't work with W10M. Not even a bit. Not one bitty bit, in case I hadn't mentioned that.
In one month mine went from semi-compatible to totally, farcially incompatible.
Right off the bat issues with notifications - which, to be fair, I completely expected. Then it would only sync if I rebooted the phone and the device and didn't touch anything else on the phone until I had synced. Then I would have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Now, the app won't even open, or if it does, it freezes the whole phone and I have to reboot.
His never synced properly at all.
Garmin just said it's a W10M problem, which it seems to be.

Synced to my work iPhone :)unhappysweat:) and it works like a dream. Notifications, especially at work, are AWESOME. Sigh. I think it's finally time to give up the ghost and go back to Android. Eyeballing OnePlus 5.
(On the upside I can BYOD at work with Android and get rid of this tiny iPhone thing.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05