As a community we need to try to get support..Cogito/Cookoo 2 Watch.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea how I missed this one, as this is almost what I would design and build if I had the ability....

It's main focus is Alert/Notification, and Time , with second features for music control and remote camera shutter control. It says it has fitness tracking, but I have no interest in that what so ever

The Cookoo 2 is from the same company as Cogito Classic a higher end design but same software for the phone.
COOKOO, The No-Recharge Smartwatch

COOKOO2_OnlineStore_image_Blue_1280.1280_20141127__72793.1417075766.1280.1280.jpg

This thing runs a dual battery system ( two coin battery), one for the analog watch, one for the bluetooth, viberation and screen behind the analog watch.

Is anyone interested??? I would suggest hitting the site linked and in support submitting a request ( as I have done already).

The reason I have posted this is Pocketnow has already reviewed the higher end Watch but focused on limitations next to a Moto 360. So at least most Android and Apple lovers will loose interest, leaving the door open for us to embrace the company !!!!!!!

Watch lovers assemble !!!!

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: As a community we need to try to get support..Cookoo 2 Watch.

Ahhhhh got a reply fast ( could be automated )......

I say we show them consumer demand :smile: as it looks like Microsoft will never release a watch.
wp_ss_20160924_0001.png

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

As I said the software is the same for low and high end.....even more options on the Cogito site.....sorry but I am just a little over excited

COGITO Watch - The No-Charge Stylish Smartwatch

So if your interest is a more classic design, or added color, or fitness they have models !!!!! If we can interest them in support I may get a low end and a high end cause daaaaaaaauuuuummmmmm they look good !!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I just contacted their support department and requested W10 and W10M support.

Update: I just got the same automated response that you posted, above.

Sent from mTalk

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I just contacted their support department and requested W10 and W10M support.

Update: I just got the same automated response that you posted, above.

Sent from mTalk

Cool, I am already sending invites to Cogito to this topic on twitter and Facebook.....

I just like the fact you can go 6 months to a year ( as most reviews state), before having to worry about battery. Add every model they have looks like a real watch :)

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I gotta admire your spirit, tenacity, and loyalty here Greywolf. You've been an advocate for smartwatches on Windows Phone for as long as I can remember. I can only hope your efforts aren't all for nought. Before I go any further I just gotta say I have serious amounts of respect for ya & your one man crusade!

Onto ConnecteDevice's wearables tho... I'm afraid I'm going to have to put a little rain on your parade. I have owned a few of their devices and the battery life and classic "traditional" looks are definitely their best selling points.

Unfortunately, I'm left wondering "what's the point?" each time I actually wear one. Don't get me wrong, it's still a smartwatch and I suppose something is better than nothing, but hear me out. I love smartwatches because of their convenience (and I just love gadgets & am a colossal nerd), but this device doesn't deliver that convenience.

When I get an email, text message, Twitter, or whatever on this device I get a little icon that lights up and let's me know... "Hey, I gotta text message!" OK, that's cool, but here is my main grievance... That's all I know! That text message could be a brief and kinda useless message like "LOL" or "OK"... In which case, I really don't have to stop what I'm doing and check it right now. On the other hand, that text message could be something like "Your mother is in the hospital... Emergency! Please call now!" Obviously, you want to stop what your doing and address this kind of message immediately. However, with this device I just don't know... And, so inevitably I reach into my pocket to fish out my phone and check it.

So, why exactly did I even bother with this device in the first place? Arguably there are much nicer looking traditional watches I could wear if I just want a timepiece. I also would have been notified of the text message (or whatever) by the phone in my pocket even if I didn't have this device. So, what purpose does this device really fill for me?

Now, I know I sound kinda harsh on this poor smartwatch and I really don't mean to be. I also understand that this is just my opinion for my specific use case... Maybe others don't carry their phone in their pockets all the time, maybe they have to turn the sound off and don't feel the vibrations, there are a million use cases and specific scenarios out there. My point is it doesn't work for me and this issue should be considered by new potential owners.

I can only hope one day that Windows Phone can have even a slice of the many options available to the Apple / Android crowd. The Vector watch comes close... I have yet to pick one of those up yet tho.

None the less, just to show I'm not a complete downer... I have requested Windows Phone support as well and received the same automated Robo-Reply. I am also posting some pics of the other Cookoo & Cogito devices I have used in the past 😀 .

Best wishes!

2af513df817c91021dd4974a3b1d11ce.jpg

*Not to mislead... These watches do NOT work on Windows Phone.

490a31c3f2ef911edd4b7ad200d38d76.jpg

Cogito Pop

ee8b832a8ba8662c0b5349e6e85f41c2.jpg

Original Cookoo Watch

5aca2dbba2726f835d19e348c10c64d9.jpg

Just to support Greywolf's quest and respond to any that say "Get a MS Band!" The Band (1 or 2) is NOT a watch and watch wearers should NOT have to settle for a band 😫.

f97b516de07db0f820cad3fac4ef6458.jpg

And... Just for the old school (and because Greywolf will probably dig it 😁), a smartwatch that Microsoft *DID* actually make and send to market! A few Microsoft SPOT smartwatches... Circa 2003... Not a typo, seriously, 2003! Google it 😁 .

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Never a worry Penguwin !! I don't think your a downer at all, and if this type of Watch does not fit your needs you have no reason to worry either !!! That's this fun with this wearable, there are literally thousands of needs for thousands of people!!!
This watch sits right in my wheel house !!! As to be truthful I have not felt a Windows Phone vibration alert since I owned my HTC HD2. I don't know if my backside has become less aware of vibration or the motors used just don't cut it now.

I don't really need to interact with email/text/alerts on the watch, but I do need a better way to be alerted something is up !!! A vibration on the wrist will do it, and let me know I need to at least look at the action center on the phone.

At work our supervisor makes use of text and email to quickly pass info, however I have missed more then a few text messages because I could not hear or feel the phone go off in my back pocket. The PA system attached to the in factory phone system is just god awful and vintage 70's tech. ( I kid you not, all pages made on this system sound more garbled then Charlie Brown's teacher). This old system can't get above the machine noise of the factory.

I have to admit I do like the simple nature of this watch when you add it to something as useful as Windows 10 notification center, and the ability to reply in the center with out the need to unlock the phone.

I also agree with you as to the Band !!!!!! It is the single best Fitness tracker for our platform, but a Watch it is not !!!! It never will be and just holds no appeal to a watch lovers eyes !!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/5aca2dbba2726f835d19e348c10c64d9.jpg
Just to support Greywolf's quest and respond to any that say "Get a MS Band!" The Band (1 or 2) is NOT a watch and watch wearers should NOT have to settle for a band ��.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160924/f97b516de07db0f820cad3fac4ef6458.jpg
And... Just for the old school (and because Greywolf will probably dig it ��), a smartwatch that Microsoft *DID* actually make and send to market! A few Microsoft SPOT smartwatches... Circa 2003... Not a typo, seriously, 2003! Google it �� .

I always like when the community supports things for the better options for Windows Phone !!! I also dig the Spot Watches !!!! As back in the day I saw the Spot as something interesting, it's to bad Microsoft lost interest in it, as with most things Microsoft dreams it up, then Apple comes along years after and take all the credit and glory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss