Do you think Microsoft will bring back the Band? Or will they make a Smartwatch?

dpz

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple is releasing a series 3 watch. It comes with a lot of the stuff the Microsoft Band had. (Like usual, Microsoft does it first and no one is impressed, someone else does it and it's like: wow!) Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone else wondered if Microsoft Band will come back? Or will they make a Smartwatch?
I think that Microsoft should re-enter the smartwatch arena and reinvigorate their health efforts, simply because it has such a great potential to help change people's lives. Besides, even though Apple Watch looks like it has the smartwatch market cornered, I think that with Microsoft's health expertise and engineering capabilities, they can bring to market a great smartwatch.
What do you think?

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I certainly hope so. I watched the Apple event today and my thoughts continuously returned to "Microsoft could (or did) do that". I am still using a Band 1 and will until it dies - not sure what I will migrate to next.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have used both Bands and the Apple Watch (currently). Apple does it better, but I think Microsoft could do it if they wanted. If they made it work on all platforms like the Bands it would be compelling. The issue is they would need to do more than what Apple does. Fitbit has fitness tracker only market, and the Apple Watch covers that and smartwatch features. If Microsoft's offering was more of the same I can't see it succeeding, after all the Apple Watch is the best selling watch (not smartwatch, but watch overall) in the world. With the new watches, although they aren't that much different, I don't see that changing.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
after all the Apple Watch is the best selling watch (not smartwatch, but watch overall) in the world. With the new watches, although they aren't that much different, I don't see that changing.
I thought the Apple Watch was a dud and sales were lackluster. No?

FWIW, I gave up on smartwatches for now. I prefer my dumb watch which needs a new battery every three to five years.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I would never get another MS wearable. MS is clearly known for cutting bait and running at the first sign of trouble with just about any new hardware.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs