Download Mango

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that once one person has Mango that we could get it form them and install it? This way we all don't have to wait until our phones tell us there is an update?

I know on Android this could be done by putting the update.zip file on the phone.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You have to do it through the Zune software or by Flashing the correct ROM for your phone tsaunders, unfortunately it's not quite as simple as just sharing a zip file. :)

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to do it through the Zune software or by Flashing the correct ROM for your phone tsaunders, unfortunately it's not quite as simple as just sharing a zip file. :)

I admit I like WP7 OS but stuff like this annoys me. I come from webOS and it was so easy to update it or homebrew it and side load apps. Heck developer mode was easy as typing in a code and you were done.

Hopefully I get mango soon.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I admit I like WP7 OS but stuff like this annoys me. I come from webOS and it was so easy to update it or homebrew it and side load apps. Heck developer mode was easy as typing in a code and you were done.

Hopefully I get mango soon.
I know, i feel your pain. We're all hoping for soon, for sure! :)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, WebOS and Android are more open source than WP7 and iOS. So IMO you either get open/hackable but unstable, or closed/proprietary but more stable. They both have their strengths as well as their downsides, depending on how you choose to look at it.

tsaunders80

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, WebOS and Android are more open source than WP7 and iOS. So IMO you either get open/hackable but unstable, or closed/proprietary but more stable. They both have their strengths as well as their downsides, depending on how you choose to look at it.

True but to be honest I never had issues with my webOS pone and Preware (the homebrew guys).

Now Android I had a ton of issues with custom roms.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Never had any experience with WebOS personally, but just browsing the PreCentral forums out of curiosity after HP announced the discontinuation of WebOS hardware it just seemed like there were an inordinate amount of complaints about phones not working right, especially the Veer. Don't recall if it was more hardware than software, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss