From Mango Beta 2 to Mango RTM? Please help!

firebrewd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I bought an Orange UK Omnia 7, which came unlocked (not sure if by the seller), and installed with the OS version 7661.WP7_5_Trial (mojobld).20110607-1657; it says Windows Phone 7.5. The firmware is 0222.10.10.6 and the bootloader version 4.10.1.9. Also, it says "Not for resale" when the phone is starting.

I tried to update via the Zune Software, which said something like "for beta build", but on step 6, after the phone restarts, there's an icon show the phone and a laptop, the an arrow above, but it's circled and striked in red (meaning, I guess, there's no connection between them), so I can't finish the update process.

I'm totally new to WP7, so I have no idea what to do. Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The "not for resale" message is normal for the Mango beta build. No idea what you problem is, by you might want to consider hard resetting you phone. Settings>System>About>Reset your phone. And I assume you are using the latest version of Zune on your PC

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

firebrewd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure why it's giving me that error. Yes, I have the latest version of the Zune Software. If I hard reset it, will it restore to a non developer version, or it's just an idea I could use before attempting anything else?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I bought an Orange UK Omnia 7, which came unlocked (not sure if by the seller), and installed with the OS version 7661.WP7_5_Trial (mojobld).20110607-1657; it says Windows Phone 7.5. The firmware is 0222.10.10.6 and the bootloader version 4.10.1.9. Also, it says "Not for resale" when the phone is starting.

I tried to update via the Zune Software, which said something like "for beta build", but on step 6, after the phone restarts, there's an icon show the phone and a laptop, the an arrow above, but it's circled and striked in red (meaning, I guess, there's no connection between them), so I can't finish the update process.

I'm totally new to WP7, so I have no idea what to do. Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

while I was going through a successful update from nodo to mango I saw the same red circle eith a slash through it and had a successful date. and the update at time is very slow and seems to stop but it does not it just seems like it. so go back and try it. do not unplug while the update is running you will either get a successful update message or an error message that tells you what you need to do to get a successful update.

firebrewd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
while I was going through a successful update from nodo to mango I saw the same red circle eith a slash through it and had a successful date. and the update at time is very slow and seems to stop but it does not it just seems like it. so go back and try it. do not unplug while the update is running you will either get a successful update message or an error message that tells you what you need to do to get a successful update.

Man, thanks for pointing that out! I went through it again, and it looks like there's a progress bar, though the circle is still there! I'll update as soon as it finishes and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

firebrewd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It took longer than I expected, but it worked! It also updated a couple of times more, with the same red circle. Thanks for the help everybody, really appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre